How To Stick To A Monthly Budget

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Are you tired of living paycheck to paycheck? Are you ready to take control of your finances and start saving money? If so, then this post is for you, budgeting is one of the most important things you can do to get your finances in order, in my opinion it even comes before earning money. but let's be real, sticking to a budget can be challenging, I know from personal experience, we struggle to stick to our budgets, I would create a budget at the beginning of the month and by the end of the week, I would have already overspent in some categories. but with time, and commitment and some tips and tricks I got on Quora, I was able to learn how to stick to my monthly budget.

In sticking to a monthly budget you have to create a realistic one. Don't set yourself up for failure by creating a budget that is too strict or unrealistic. Take some time to evaluate your income and expenses and determine how much you can realistically afford to spend in each category.

You can start by listing all of your monthly income sources, including your salary, any side hustles that is bringing in cash for you. once you have a clear understanding of your income and expenses, you can start creating your budget. Use a spreadsheet or a budgeting app to allocate your money to different categories of your expenses. Be sure to leave some room for unexpected expenses or emergencies because they will always pop in most times.

And it is normal to not be perfect at first, the key is in tweaking it after you start using it, if you feel it is inadequate, but continuing to use a budget that you keep on overspending is not doing anyone any good, if you find this post helpful leave a feedback