Shares/Stock How to Start Trading?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can trade stocks, cryptos, forex, ETF (exchange-traded fund), options, futures, etc. In order to trade different kind of assets, you need different kinds of strategies and skills. The skills and strategies used to trade crypto are entirely different from the strategies and skills needed for stock trading or forex trading.

Even when you want to trade stocks, there are different kinds of methods, for example, Intraday Trading, Position Trading, Swing Trading, Online Trading, Short-term Trading, Medium Trading, Long-term Trading, etc.

No matter what kind of trading you are doing, you can use one simple strategy to make money from trading that is to use buy and sell order limit. This implies that you set your minimum price for buying and minimum price for selling.

Trading requires you to have a lot of money, you also need financial capabilities to hold your investment until you see some profits to sell back your assets.

Trading is reserved for more experienced people but you can start slow and learn as you trade.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my opinion, investment is for all kinds of people, experts as well as newbies, however, trading is for experienced people. However, you don't need to be an expert in investment and finance, or an economist to start trading. As opposed to popularly held belief, you don't even need a lot of cash. You can start with small funds and gradually increase your trading amount. In order to trade successfully, you need to understand the signals. If you don't have that skills, you can try trading bots. By using trading bots, you can also easily minimize your risk. The trading bots will buy and sell your assets according to the price you have set. You can also copy trading strategies from experienced traders. Copy trading can be risk-free. Trading does not necessarily guarantee success, therefore, you should be ready to lose money, therefore, you should avoid trading the amount you cannot afford to lose.

Shaf

Verified member
If you want to start trading, it would be wise to do proper research first about the type of assets you want to trade, how it works, the tools get you'll need, how much money to start it, the language that others use while trading it.
That's because even though trading has common terminologies, other differ and that can make a whole lot of difference.

YouTube is a very popular learning tool as you can get to see how a trade is carried out. If you prefer reading, there are blogs and websites that have articles and some even offer paid courses that can shorten your journey. Babypips has some interesting ones that can help you.
Telegram group are good too, as you get to see all messages from the first day a channel was created. Traders also a seem to use it a lot to communicate with one another.

If you can get mentorship, that will be better as you get to share in the experience of your mentor.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The first step to becoming a cryptocurrency trader is to start learning. There are many different ways to learn about cryptocurrencies and how they work. I would recommend starting with YouTube, as most people will upload videos on their experiences with trading. You can also find many other videos that have been made by people who are teaching others on how to trade cryptocurrencies.

After you have learned everything you can from YouTube, it's time to get your hands dirty and start trading yourself. To begin with, you should only invest 35 - $50 into a cryptocurrency because if you lose all of that money then you won't be able to afford the next step in your learning process. Once you get comfortable with trading, you can start investing more money into different coins and exchanges (Exchanges) until you find one that works for your personal style of trading.

The last step before getting started trading yourself is finding a good mentor or coach who can help guide you through this process and teach you how to become a successful trader in the future.

Turrical

Agree with you about copytrading. It's a great trading approach for beginners. I too stepped in the forex market with no knowledge but copying the moves of successful traders on Zulutrade made it a profitable and interesting adventure for me.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Agree with you about copytrading. It's a great trading approach for beginners. I too stepped in the forex market with no knowledge but copying the moves of successful traders on Zulutrade made it a profitable and interesting adventure for me.
This doesn't always work because this is used on advertising like etoro otherwise all traders will be rich, copy a trade has half chance to be a loser action.