How to Start Laundromat Business

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are looking for a low risk business, Laundromat business can be the business you should start.

According to a study 66 percent people don’t start a business despite having a dream to start a business because they are afraid of failure. I another study, it was discovered that about 95 percent Laundromat business are successful within 5 years.

Most businesses fail because they cannot market well and they cannot mange well due to over staffing or under staffing, however, Laundromat does not require a lot of marketing, and no staffs is required, except someone to keep the business open and close. Hard work of washing and drying is done by the machine and the customers do the loading and unloading.

The start-up cost is comparatively high as you need to buy a lot of washing machines, you might have to spend $100,000-$500,000. Operational cost is also high as you need to pay rents, water and electricity bills. Therefore, it takes time to generate net profit, but this is a recession proof business and low risk business.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You are right. But as for I will say that its require more than that.. Because to be successful in this type of business require one to do proper research b
If you are looking for a low risk business, Laundromat business can be the business you should start.

According to a study 66 percent people don’t start a business despite having a dream to start a business because they are afraid of failure. I another study, it was discovered that about 95 percent Laundromat business are successful within 5 years.

Most businesses fail because they cannot market well and they cannot mange well due to over staffing or under staffing, however, Laundromat does not require a lot of marketing, and no staffs is required, except someone to keep the business open and close. Hard work of washing and drying is done by the machine and the customers do the loading and unloading.

The start-up cost is comparatively high as you need to buy a lot of washing machines, you might have to spend $100,000-$500,000. Operational cost is also high as you need to pay rents, water and electricity bills. Therefore, it takes time to generate net profit, but this is a recession proof business and low risk business.

efore venturing in to the business.
One should make sure that the environment is conducive and accommodating because of the customers.
There should be constant electricity supply
There should be water supply.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Laundromat is a business that I have been thinking about for a long time. I live in a dense neighbourhood, most of the people in this neighbourhood were working people, therefore, they don’t have time for doing their own laundry. A large percentage of people are also renters and they don’t have washing machines in their home. However, there are no Laundromat in the neighbourhood. The nearest Laundromat is about 15 kilometres car drive. Therefore, I see great potential for this business, however, the only issue I have is investment. The start-up cost for Laundromat is very high as you need to buy a lot of washing machines. The running cost is also high as you will have to pay a lot of electricity bills and water bills. I might be able to generate enough to pay for running cost or even make some profits, however, it might take a couple of years before I can recover my investment.