How to start an Importation business

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Importation is the act of buying commodities/goods from other countries to your own in other to make profits.

1- Conduct a market research and decide on which product is in demand, this could be anything from wigs, stylish headset, kiddies wears, it all depends on your environment.

2- Source for goods online, most importers source items from China, because of ease of doing business and cheap, quality products especially when you are buying in bulk, some well known website you can use to source for goods are 1688.com, alibaba.com and aliexpress.com.

3- Get a trusted and reliable procurement agency to help you in making payments, most procurement agencies help in shipping items to your destination .

4- Create awareness for your items on your social media outlets and if you have some spare cash you can set up a Facebook Ad and reach out to more prospects.

You can ask me if you have further questions.

Happy sales, Good luck!

Attachments

• pexels-sascha-hormel-1095814.jpg
    pexels-sascha-hormel-1095814.jpg
    962.1 KB · Views: 0

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I am the type that has always been interested in importation business. But I believe if you are the type that has been used to making orders online, like online shopping, I think it will not be so hard for you to get used to it and know the basic skills and requirements needed. From the researches I have made so far, i was made to understand that As an importer, you have firstly work on how to get a very reliable and trusted business partner from the location you will be importing your goods from, a firm you can always rely on without the fear of scamming you or disappointing you.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I am the type that has always been interested in importation business. But I believe if you are the type that has been used to making orders online, like online shopping, I think it will not be so hard for you to get used to it and know the basic skills and requirements needed. From the researches I have made so far, i was made to understand that As an importer, you have firstly work on how to get a very reliable and trusted business partner from the location you will be importing your goods from, a firm you can always rely on without the fear of scamming you or disappointing you.
It's true, if one is conversant with online shopping, importation won't be hard.

I don't think finding a trustworthy partner is hard because most of the website handles payment through an escrow service.