How to Start a Quail Farming Business

Mika

VIP Contributor
Humans have been farming quails for 10 thousand years for meat and eggs. Quails are one of the easiest birds to breed. Unlike chickens, quails have strong immunity and do not get sick easily. They also cost less to produce. That’s why they are more profitable than chicken. Quail meat and eggs are considered good for people with diabetes, hypertension, and even cholesterol.

If you want to try quail farming, here are some of the tips you should consider.

Quail farming is suitable even in urban areas.

You can farm quail in your roof terrace by building small cages.

You can prepare quail feed yourself by making granules from grains like rice, corn, soybeans, etc.

Quails are prolific birds, they give eggs many times a year.

You can sell quail eggs or even quail meat.

Raising quail is very similar to raising chicken although the cage or coop is smaller since the quail is a smaller bird. There is not much demand for the meat here so quail eggs is the target product. The seller of quail eggs in the market said that raisers of quail layers earn good money. However, it is labor intensive because you need a thousand layers for the business to move on.

In my place, people say it is easier to raise quails compared to chickens. Chickens need a lot of vaccination and other care, but quails are disease resistant. There is a demand for quail meat and quail eggs. Quail eggs fetch half of the chicken eggs but people tend to eat 2-3 eggs at once, so, the money spent on chicken eggs and quail eggs is more or less the same.

There was a time in my city in which the quil business is booming. The reason is that lots of people are getting aware of the health benefits of quil egg. And another thing is that most of the popular chef in the cities are creating different fascinating dishes with the use of quil egg.

I have tried quail meat and eggs. But I did not realize that quails could be commercially farmed. If you want to farm quails commercially you should first gain knowledge on how to farm quails, you should understand these little birds properly. You will then have to see if there is market.

What I know about quails is that the egg has a very high nutritional value, almost twice that of regular eggs. Also, the meat has a high protein content, which makes it advisable to eat. So I believe quail farming is a great option as many people know it's nutritional benefits.