Business Ideas How To Start A Fruit Export Business

AmaliaTG

We all want to start a business and have financial freedom but starting a business is not that easy and it will cost you energy, effort and money to start . So today I will share with you one of the go to bussines idea that I think you might consider. The business idea is the fruit export business and these are the factors and steps on how you can start your business today.

Licensing and Registration of the business- Just like it's states, you have to always register your business with the government authorities in order to start your business. Take the correct policy and measures toward the exporting system from the Ministry of Commerce and Foreign Trade (CFT). Also make sure you are verified and approved by the Export Promotion Council (EPC) which will be the one to allow you to start exporting. You will also need valid bank details that you will show the ministries when you go to register and of course your ID.

Capital- This is the crucial part in considering starting a business, any business in general. Where will that money come from? Whether from loans or your own savings, it's important to note and sit down with yourself and do calculations how you are going to spend that money when starting this business. Make sure you utilise your capital with the most important things that are needed in your business and avoid unnecessary expenses.

Office setup- This is to mean you will either set up an online business or an actual physical office where your office will be the headquarters of the business.

Suppliers- A supplier is simply a person to whom the commodities are coming from , the source of your commodities. Another thing you need to consider when starting export business is the suppliers system. You need to ask yourself where you will get suppliers, where are this fruits grown in majority, well for example country like India is a good place to go look for fruits suppliers because most of this fruits we consume are grown in India.

Market Research- This is the most important stage you need to be keen in when it comes to setting up this business. You need to identify who your competitors are in the country that you want to export your bussines to, know the exact prices of those fruits in that country that you want to export to, for example if you want to export your fruits to Canada, make a research and know what are the prices of those similar fruits there.

Hire Workers- For your business to run smoothly and bring you profits the way you want, then you will have to consider employing people to work for you. The Distributors, dealers, representatives of your office and also an overseas agent who is going to be there in the exporting countries on your behalf. Whether you choose to pay your employees as commission or basic monthly salary, it's all up to your budget.

Shipping of the products : This is the most sensitive stage when it comes to exporting your goods. You will need to find a way to ship the product either through shipping company or through freight forwarder. And since we are talking about Fruits here, you will need ship them with freight forwarder which is faster and secure and as a result the fruits will land in the exporting country on time and ready to be sold .

Advertising- This is the last stage where after you've managed to set your business and it's running smoothly, then advertising and marketing it will be the last stage where you can create the company's website, advertise it on social media or advertising house. All this advertising methods depends with your budget. But if you are that fixed you can start with Website advertising and social media marketing which cost nothing then later you can advertise your business to the media houses

So these are the steps and strategies you can take when choosing to start a fruit export business.
I hope this was helpful and Good luck!

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Thanks so much for sharing this good idea and it will really help many people. Fruit is a necessity that most people really need and if a good strategy is taken one can really make a lot of profit from their.
As you have said I belive that I one could get Licence will be good. And my question is that; is the licence not costly?

AmaliaTG

Thanks so much for sharing this good idea and it will really help many people. Fruit is a necessity that most people really need and if a good strategy is taken one can really make a lot of profit from their.
As you have said I belive that I one could get Licence will be good. And my question is that; is the licence not costly?
Yes getting a license might be costly but not that much.The cost of licence depend on an individual country's policy and tax. So I would Advice you to ask your government officials or Google the ministry of commerce in your country and see how much cost it can be . Do research for your own clarity and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Sammyesx

Nice writeup, export has always been a very good business, and with the right capital, knowledge and connections one will make a fortune out of it. In the case of export of fruit, preservation will be a very important criteria to consider because the fruit are transported through large distance and for days.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Kudos to you ma'am....This is indeed, an interesting write up. I think it's going to be lucrative to be involved in such an exporting business. Even though this is a capital intensive business. However, don't you think fruits are perishable easily....I think we will have to chose which fruit to export. And I would have suggested apple fruit because I don't see it, as a fruit that gets spoilt easily.

AmaliaTG

Kudos to you ma'am....This is indeed, an interesting write up. I think it's going to be lucrative to be involved in such an exporting business. Even though this is a capital intensive business. However, don't you think fruits are perishable easily....I think we will have to chose which fruit to export. And I would have suggested apple fruit because I don't see it, as a fruit that gets spoilt easily
Kudos to you ma'am....This is indeed, an interesting write up. I think it's going to be lucrative to be involved in such an exporting business. Even though this is a capital intensive business. However, don't you think fruits are perishable easily....I think we will have to chose which fruit to export. And I would have suggested apple fruit because I don't see it, as a fruit that gets spoilt easily.
Oh yeah! Thank you for your suggestion. I forgot to mention the type of fruits one is supposed to sell/ export. Yes apple is one of the non- perishable fruits , also consider fruits like coconut, I am not sure if coconut is a fruit or a vegetable or both. Lol. Pineapple, Pearls, Oranges and Lemons and sometimes Mangoes if they are not that ripe. Although this type of business requires someone to have big savings or capital to start but when you start it , it brings you Millions and Millions .

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Oh yeah! Thank you for your suggestion. I forgot to mention the type of fruits one is supposed to sell/ export. Yes apple is one of the non- perishable fruits , also consider fruits like coconut, I am not sure if coconut is a fruit or a vegetable or both. Lol. Pineapple, Pearls, Oranges and Lemons and sometimes Mangoes if they are not that ripe. Although this type of business requires someone to have big savings or capital to start but when you start it , it brings you Millions and Millions .
Coconut is good infact it's utmost suitable for this kind of business.... And Coconut is a fruit lol.
And the remaining choice of fruits are good especially if they are unripe before the exportation journey. As you have said, the business needs capital, but you know for sure that we use capital to source for money.lol

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Thanks for this , i think capital should be the barrier because when exporting you have to pay export duties and others , so the person needs more capital to buy a lot of the export product and export it to those who are in need of the product , since thats part of the most important thing to note , capital is part of the most important with other things attached too

Augusta

VIP Contributor
From your list it takes a whole lot of things to go into export business generally because you would need a lot to get by, Capital being the major one because you would need money to Kickstart it properly before any other thing. Hiring workers too will need you getting the best hands that would be really productive. It takes a lot

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is a very good business suggestion but I think it requires a lot of capital to start in the sense that exporting goods from one country to another is very capital-intensive. I remember sometime ago someone i know wanted to start exporting food products to UK, because she's a citizen. the business plan never went through because of the amount of money involved.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
You are right.....Fruit is a necessity and people value fruits consumptions in other countries than some other countries. And what's needed is a good and efficient strategy as you have said. But the strategy has to be, by knowing the exact fruit to export. Because some countries may have had enough of that fruit already.

Setho

VIP Contributor
First it is very important that you should look for a valuable and consistent supply stock. You should also make sure that the fruits you are trying to sell out of global standard and of global quality to outwit your position on the market. You shouldn't think about doing the logistics and the legalities.