How to Stake ETH 2.0

Suba

Staff member
There are three ways that you can use for staking Eth 2.0, namely through the Staking Pool, your own Wallet, or using Layer 2.

1. Staking Pool
Staking Pools are often hosted by Centralized Crypto Exchanges (CEX) such as, Binance, Kraken, Kucoin, Coinbase, FTX, Poloniex etc. Staking pool is a gathering place for stakers as validators run by Pool Operators. CEX which acts as the Pool collects Ether coins from the stakers then the managers of the staking pool in their own wallets, so that the stakers do not need to send a minimum of 32 Ether to be locked or frozen. and each staking pool has a different minimum requirement, such as Binance only specifies a minimum Ether for staking of 0.001 ETH..

2. Private crypto wallet
If you have more than 32 Ether you can stake Ether on a hardware wallet, such as Ledger which supports Eth 2.0 staking. whereas if you use a hot wallet such as Trust wallet, Metamask, Atomic wallet etc. then your wallet must be connected to a service such as Lido or Rocket Pool.

3. Using Layer 2
Layer 2 is a separate Ethereum blockchain, so Ether can be staked via Loopring which works faster and also lowers gas fees. Loopring we can also connect with Metamask wallet.

Last edited:

cmoneyspinner

I only staked Ethereum because Coinbase encouraged it. It was before The Merge. They offered to pay interest if I converted my Ethereum to Ethereum 2. I took advantage of the opportunity and have no regrets.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I yet have to move my ETH out of the platform where I earn it, but I am not sure where to. I yet have to make decision on Binance exchange or Trust / Coinbase wallet. Whichever will give better return, I'll be there. But if you find a better option, then do inform.
By better option I mean where my staking will be safe, and reward should be great.

Suba

Staff member
I think Coinbase and Binance are two safe and reliable platforms, even though they only provide 4% staking rewards, while the decimal fraction above is for their benefit. and I wouldn't be interested if there was a platform that gave bigger staking rewards.