How to save money while you are a student?

E

ericka1999

I think, its effective to save some little money with your allowance. Like, 20% of your allowance should be put aside and save it. Untill youre money is going higher and higher without you noticing it. Hope it works!

Bard Racheal

Students are always moved by the sweet and attractive things they see.
Maybe, they see their fellows purchasing reigning and expensive cloths,shoes, gadgets, makeup kits and so on in school; they tend to be moved by those things,and would want to belong, they love to join the competition and beat others to it.

But it is not wise for you as a student to spend your allowance in such a way that you won't even look back.

That pocket money you get almost every day can save you a lot of stress and headache in the future.

Definitely, you would cry to mom and dad to give you money for your textbooks or anything little stuff you need in school.
The money you saved can save you from punishment in school.
That savings can also prevent you from skipping your tests or exams when it comes.

Saving reasonable portion of your allowance as a student, doesn't mean your parents would not play their role as to your educational life or otherwise; it will even stand as an encouragement to them.
It will make them do more than you expected.

No parents would love to see their children squanderlize money and act in an irresponsible manner.

Saving from your allowance can even cause your peers to emulate you if they happen to discover your trick.

Be wise.

Andrijana15

That's good advice for students, many of them are spending much money on things they don't even need, and they don't think about the future or emergency cases.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Saving money as a student can be a tricky thing aand hard thing to do. You want to go out, have fun, and meet new friends. But you also want to make sure you have enough money for rent, food, and the occasional Netflix subscription.

Here are some tips on how to budget your money while still having fun.

1. Cook your own meals instead of eating out all the time. It will save you tons of money in the long run! And it's an incredibly useful skill to have when you move into your first apartment after college.

2. If you are in a very civilized country, you can use coupons! You can find them in newspapers and magazines and they're easy enough to print out from the internet. Most stores will have advertisements with coupons on their websites.

3. Sell unwanted items on eBay or Craigslist and use that extra cash to buy new things that you need or just put it towards paying bills or saving for an emergency fund.

4. Make a budget and stick with it! It's important not only for college students but for everyone in general who wants to save some extra money every month on bills or groceries etcetera.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely commendable that even students and various college goers today are been mindful that sometimes it is important to save money , so as not to be totally dependent on their parent and guardians to find for some of their material and physical needs , and so because of this they decide to save money possibly money that was given to them to buy snacks etc . It is 100% advisable to develop the ability of saving at a young age , so that when you are mature or rich an adult age saving money wouldn't be a new thing for you but rather something you have already been practicing right from when you were a child or teenager . In my country Nigeria , student and college goers are been given the privilege to open bank account of your own , and so it does not matter about the age or size you can still open a saving account so as to save your money accurately and free from any sort of crime activity .

As a student or college goers , it is obvious that you do not have an offline business of yours because you are going to school , but what you can do to boost the amount of money that you save is by making money online . You can achieve that , by working on various small paying gig websites and platforms that pays you real cash for carrying out small activities and duties in order to get paid .

SANIA

Money should be saved no matter at which stage and age of life you are in.
You have to make sure that you are doing smart savings so when you need something expensive or if some accident occurs you may have money as a backup.

It is also recommended to invest money in profitable businesses such as in crypto currency or some profitable business.

You cannot expect to achieve your goals overnight so you can also invest in some courses.

You can also buy and sell materials.
Nowadays it is also possible to open an online store and earn money through this method.

It is an interesting discussion indeed and one can take some advice from comments here.

Saving money and utilitizing this money at right time or at right place or investment in profitable business can help you in the long run.

It is an Ian

Rachael

Verified member
As a student, the ability to save money has been one of the hardest thing for me. When there is no money to have the basic needs as tuition fees, accommodation and textbooks or handouts, it becomes very unrealistic to save money. During my days in school, I had never thought of the idea of saving money except for the renewal of my house rent which was being paid annually. In my geographical region, most students and especially those in public institutions are self-sponsored and with this, any money they realize is used to sort out school activities.

The one time I tried saving money was to help me attend an international conference an also have a publication in the journal. Alas! I was not able to make that dream happen because something came up which was urgent and I needed to pay up to avoid deferring my admission which is the major aim of my being in school. It is mostly possible for those who are being sponsored by their parents and also have enough pocket money to sustain them which would enable them to save not people like us to find it hard to have a proper three square meal.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Sometimes life can be very difficult for students especially people who have stayed with their parents until they got admission to the university. there are several ways you can use as a student to save some good amount of money for yourself and probably make money.

When I got to the university, life was a lot of difficult for me until I started looking for ways in which I will use to make extra bucks and probably save money for myself. As a student it is important you try as much as possible not to spend your money on unnecessary things. It is normal to see students buying a lot of junk foods which probably consumes their money.

Many students are very lazy to cook their own food and this can go a long way in draining their money and not giving them the opportunity to save.

Cooking your own food can go a long way in helping you save a lot of money. It is also very important for you to always make a comprehensive budget because that will definitely keep you in track.

It is also very important for you to look for senior students to get some books from because it can also help you to save money.

Willans

It so good if you stay hungry to save up you're money for more reasonable thins

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
What I have observed concerning Most student is that some of the student who are spending money unnecessary are students that are from rich family background but those who are just struggling to feed themselves in the school campus will always try as much as possible to save the little money they have and spend it wisely on things that is really essential in their life.

I don't really have any problem with people spending their money the way they need, but it is also very important for us to put so many things into consideration when spending money and we shouldn't spend money to a points that its start affecting you in the sense that they can't pay their school fee because they have spend money extravagantly.

What I have come to understand is that so many students especially the male students are spending money on things that are not really necessary and is not in line with their academic field such as party, drinking and sometimes girls.

To me I just see all these things as a way of wasting your money. For me I can't spend my money on something that is not really profitable to me because is just a pure waste of time.

Oluwasegun purpose

As a student you need to save money for future purpose....there are some things you can't depend on your parents and have some money you can ask your parents to give you which you need to pay it by yourself like example you are a student who used to receive allowance why can't you use 10 to 15% of your allowance to save out of it as a student you need to learn the habit of saving because as a student there are some things which you need to buy without telling your parents and you will pay it by yourself like handout buying of books buying of pens and so on I will advise you as a student no matter how it is hard for you as long you are receiving some pocket money from your parents we need to learn how to save from it Because ... They are going to be sometimes when your parent will tell you to go out there and hustle by yourself when they are not going to be giving you that money which you called pocket money so as a student you are likely to be advice and no the habit or savings and learn how to invest which part of your savings which you are saving so that can become successful in life so learn how to save

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Saving money is very important for sure. It will help you in times when you need the money urgently. So you will take the money out of your savings to clear any expenses that you wanted to use it for. This enables you to avoid taking loans which can affect your financial stability.

Building a savings culture while you are still a student is very good for you. It enables you to master this very good quality while you are still young. Once you start earning your own money, you will know how to spend it wisely and you will save some of it.

As a student, there are so many ways to save. That is, saving your the allowance you get from parents, income from a part time job or the education loan given by the government. You can save through;

• Living within your means and not trying to buy things that you cannot really afford.
  • Have a specific account that you use to save money.
  • Engage in free enjoyment activities so that you can get money to save.
  • Prefer cooking your own food rather than eating out.
  • Visit the library to read books rather than buying all of them.

I think, its effective to save some little money with your allowance. Like, 20% of your allowance should be put aside and save it. Untill youre money is going higher and higher without you noticing it. Hope it works!
I know students working in summertime when a school is closed. Tray to find a job if you can wall mart, amazon always hiring!