How To Save Money On Hosting

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I have been working on this particular website for a while and one of the core functionalities is uploading pictures and videos, I had to make a decision, either to pay for hosting all of the images and videos or find a way to do it for free, and I ended up finding a way to do it for free, and all I did was sign up for Amazon aws account, I got the free tier for free, and all you have to do is link your credit or debit card to your account, it lasts for one year and has a massive storage , so there you go.

You can use the s3 bucket product to store all your images and videos and you can use it to host your website, it is a bit technical to set up because you have to do some configuration but nothing hard in it, you can get it done in an hour or less depending on the complexity of the website you are building.

All you need is an aws account, a credit or debit card to get started and whenever you feel stuck, you can browse solutions on youtube, stack overflow or even post it under this post and i will be glad to help.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Pick quality but cheap shared hosting providers, don’t throw away your money on extra resources you really don’t need. Pay annually for big discounts some offer multi year plans. Purchase domains during sales. Enable auto-renewal to save on renewals. If needed add-on services to cross sell instead of purchasing individually. Use free domain privacy plus SSL when combined . The change in the website watch resource usage to resize plans correctly. Minimize expensive custom support requests. Coupons and promos should be searched on track deals sites before buying.

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
Utilizing Amazon S
for image and video hosting not only provides a cost-effective option but also ensures reliability and scalability, thanks to AWS's robust infrastructure.

The AWS free tier is indeed a fantastic way to get started without incurring additional expenses. Your emphasis on the ease of signing up and the ample storage provided for a year is helpful for those considering this approach.

Thanks for sharing your experience and providing a practical solution for handling media on a website. This is undoubtedly valuable information for anyone looking to optimize their hosting strategy while staying within budget constraints. Keep up the great work