How to Save Money on Energy Bills

Mika

VIP Contributor
Energy is one of the biggest contributors to our monthly bills. We use energy to heat or cool our rooms, we use energy to cook foods, we use energy to use computers, charge mobile phones, watch TV, use the internet, drive cars, etc. If you do not try to save your energy bills, you will end up spending a lot of money. Here are practical ways to save money on energy bills.

Use solar energy: The installation cost of a solar energy system is costly, however, the running cost is zero. There will also be zero maintenance cost for at least 5 years. You can use solar energy to cook foods, light your room, heat and cool your home, use your water heating system, etc.

Use electric cars: Electric cars are expensive compared t gas-powered cars but your cost of fuel is so low that you can easily recover the additional cost you paid for your electric car in a couple of years.

arunima25

Verified member
You are very right when you say that we spend a considerable amount on energy. The alternative methods that you have mentioned are not only economical in a long run but also environment friendly. So, it serves two purposes. It is less burden on our pocket in long run and a great initiative to protect pur environment. People are a bit hesitant to install solar panels or to buy electric cars. They have doubts about the efficacy. Also these are a bit costlier. But now we are getting more and more efficient and effective models. There might be a little extra expenditure in the beginning but then it's worth it as it turns out to be quite economical in the long run.
Solar panels and solar energy are best for countries that get enough sunlight for a good part of the year. And tropical countries have that advantage.
Now a days, more and more people in pur country are going for solar panels and even electric cars are gaining popularity. Government is also doing it's fair share to promote them. More electric charging stations are being proposed to promote electric cars and also some tax benefits on buying them. Solar panels are being installed at discounted rates. In fact with the new law in our coty, the builders get an approval to build a building or house only if they have provision for sar piwer installation.

HeavLeighGill

I've considered solar energy. We've tried to change all sorts of things but the power company where I live is insanely expensive. Currently paying $330 per month, but I've had months where they've charged me $600.

arunima25

Verified member
I've considered solar energy. We've tried to change all sorts of things but the power company where I live is insanely expensive. Currently paying $330 per month, but I've had months where they've charged me $600.
That would be a wise and thoughtful decision. You should go ahead with it. You will be happy to have taken this decision down the lane. And you would be doing a great favour for the coming generations and environment by going green. Installation of solar panels can be an expensive affair and might hurt the pocket to begin with, but it would be a super saviour on the long run. I hope that the place where you live has solar panels at an affordable rate or some ways to get them. Here, some discounts are provided by state government to encourage people to opt for clean and green form of energy. Also, here EMI options are there so that common men can afford it..I am sure that if more and more people go ahead with solar panels in the future, the prices will drop too. Right now, they are not in much demand. But high time for people to start taking the green options for their benefit ss well as for that of future generations.
It's an one time investment and one should not hesitate to go ahead with the expenditure. Buy you have to be sure that you get good sun for good part of the year where you stay. Else it might not turn out to be an economically smart decision.