How to run an egg supplying business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This business can be stressful but very rewarding too. It is stressful because it involves a little bit of being very caution. Eggs are very fragile and as such any little mistake can ruin the business. so how can you run it better

• Always be careful when carrying your eggs
  • Stored them in egg crates whenever you want to keep them
  • Have a car or rent a car to do the supplying
  • During supplies handle the delivery with care, to avoid any crack
  • Sell at a competitive price and avoid credit sales
  • Inspect your eggs very well before buying from the far supply
  • Avoid buying a lot of them to store before supplying they can go bad
What do you think?

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I think this egg supply business is a really good one. So many people use eggs in their daily meals and so you don't lack customers. But I agree that the fragility of the eggs makes them so sensitive to carry. But with care, you can do this business well. You can also try to raise your own chicken and sell the eggs.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The vendor of eggs in the nearby market said that the shelf life of eggs is only 1 week. After that period they have to discard the old eggs. It is not good to sell old eggs for the buyer may get sick. However, when refrigerated the egg would last longer like 2 to 3 weeks which we do at home.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Egg supply business is very lucrative especially if some get charisma to be going from one office to others some time. Those civil servant or Bankers that don't have time to visit market will really appreciate it and buy. And I will also advise any body that really want to succeed in doing the business not to be selling it on credit because it will kill the business.

funmi

Verified member
Well, selling eggs on credit is really the big deal. More so, you must be very careful while dealing with your customers because what ever way you use in hangling them from the beginning is what will determine how far your business will go. Many of your customers will definitely want you to supply them on credit but you must try your best to avoid it. As this may end the business before it started.

Good luck

Verified member
I buy egg from someone in my neighborhood at credit every weekend and I pay once I needed another and it has been like this for sometime. The business is quite lucrative for those that are doing it.I think they use to make more profit from it then before the sales of egg rise up due to cost of feeds for poultry