How to resist the urge of making money via gambling

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There's one thing about making money through gambling. It is the addiction it brings. You just keep on trying even when you see losses staring you in the face. You believe you can win this last time and you lose at the end. But you would keep on trying and the circles goes on.

The funny part if it, is that people see this as a way of making money. it isn't and can never be no matter how we try. The below ways can help you stop seeing gambling as a way of making money to help you stop.

1. Always tell your self that gambling is a game and no work. You would see things clearly
2. Tell yourself that gambling is more of a loss. You gain from working. You work you get paid. This doesn't happen with gambling.

3. Uninstall your gambling app and delete any gambling site from your web browser. Put more earning sites app on your phone.

Add yours

Mango9

Problem gamblers frequently find themselves concealing their gambling from those around them. This is reasonable because some of the things that problem gamblers do to maintain their gaming, such as borrowing money from finance companies or taking cash from a child's money box, are difficult to explain to a partner, family member, or friend.
People who make up debts from gambling may attempt to gamble their way out of debt in order to avoid having to "come clean." They typically end up in deeper debt as a result. Disclosing one's gambling activities to
A trusted individual can take the strain off and give you the space you need to build a more thorough rehabilitation plan.
It's challenging to kick the lying habit. Your support person will be unable to assist you if it occurs to them since they won't believe what you say. You should discuss this and make a plan for coping with it with your assistant.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah this where the problem starts hiding it from. people that can help you stop and funny enough they might not even stop if they are not willing to stop. No amount of talking can even help with it. I have had about 2 cousins gamble even with all the losses they were nevet tired they kept at it. At a point I have beginning to believe there's more to gambling. it might not just he about a habit alone maybe there's a spirit behind it.

Because I don't understand how one will turn a thing like gambling into real work you just get up daily without anything tangible to do just to go waste the little you are getting from people. I don't even understand the logic behind this.

So I think gamblers tbst want to stop should just get a job. When you do, you would be able to stop gambling.

Abrantie12

Gambling as a whole comprises of a lot,gamblers always feel the need to have more than enough money,from experiences and interviews,they tend to be too addicted as it's their only source of income.

Suba

Staff member
Although gambling starts as a whim and becomes an addictive pleasure, the gambler will spend all his wealth and even sell his virgin daughter and wife. Because actually gambling addiction is a type of mental disorder that can have a very bad impact on him and his family. There are many ways that people who are addicted to gambling can:
First he must realize that gambling is bad for himself and his family. secondly he must also admit that he has been addicted to gambling and he must do some introspection. Third, answer the question to yourself "what is the real reason he gambles". Fourth, confide in a trusted person or psychologist and find a solution. Fifth, block access to online gambling. Sixth, hand over control of your finances to your parents or wife, so you don't have access to financial applications. Seventh, look for other useful activities, such as joining Trendri forums.

E

eldavis

Like I always advice most persons, the best thing way to avoid all these is to abstain in the first place, but in situations where you are already into it, it can be pretty had to stop. I have two friends who are into gambling, one of them in particular has been trying to stop for more than a month now but it has not been easy. I would suggest finding other ways to make money that would also keep you busy and your mind off gambling.

Rubz

All the above methods you mentioned are very good ways to resist the urge of making money through gambling. In addiction to what you said, self discipline is one of the methods to resist the urge to gamble. One should be swlf disciplined and tell themself that no matter their economic situation, they would never result to gambling. It really does work.

GnomeXray

It's very hard to beat any kind of addiction and gambling could be the only thing that makes you happy at least someone tries to change many people are blind and don't care what will happen and looses hundreds of dollars I think the best thing you can do is block all the gambling sites you know the urge won't magically disappear but at least that could help a bit you shouldn't be emberesed at least you try to change find hobby or the things you like to keep your minds of gambling

cmoneyspinner

I do not gamble. People are tempted by certain things. Gambling was never a temptation for me. But to test myself one time, I tried the slot machines years ago. I put in 2 quarters and out came 8 quarters. I put back in the 8 quarters and out came 1 quarter. As quickly as I had won, I had lost. LOL. I thought to myself: 'That's probably how all gambling works. It's a rip-off!' It's why I never play the Lottery. You may only need one dollar to buy a ticket. But that's my hard-earned dollar and I am sure there are better ways to invest it and not waste it by gambling it away.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Personally I have never seen anything good that comes out from gambling before and in this case I will never consider it as a reliable way of making money on the internet. . A lot of people sometimes may find it very difficult to stop engaging in gambling , the reason is not because they are making money. The fact is just that it is very difficult for them to stop..

The best way you can completely avoid things like this is just to try as much as possible not to even engage in it in the first place. I have come to realise that so many people who have started their journey into this may find it very difficult to stop. But in any case that does not mean that you can't stop it completely , it requires a serious discipline for you to do so. You just have to understand that it would never make you rich.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Personally, I see gambling as an addiction just like drinking or any other habit that can be really hard to stop. And one thing about gambling which I have noticed overtime is that your chances of winning are lower than your chances of losing, meaning you end up losing more than winning.

To stop gambling you have to involve a lot because I have a friend who always says he will stop but by the next moment, he will be telling you about his recent loss. It is sometimes hard to stop just by saying you will.

Create the awareness in yourself of the fact that gambling is a money taking stuff and if possible cut any means through which you involve in it. Find an accountability partner that will make sure you don't engage in it.

Then you find something to do with your time. Avoid idleness and keep your brain working as it will help you avoid thoughts of gambling.

Emyly11

I am working in this domain so i know about that. Is right what you said, gambling is a game and people pay for this game. If somebody have luck to win something, is only luck strike them but nothing more. And then when they see had win, they think that will be more winning if they try more. And then appears addiction for gambling.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for the tips you have provided. it is never going to be an easy thing most especially for people that is addicted to gambling for a long time but the only way that could possibly help someone to avoid engaging in gambling most especially for the addict is just the determination to do so..

It will not work when you just feel like stopping gambling but inside you still have the interest to do it. What I am trying to say is that for you to be able to stop it completely is when you are determined within you and you start seeing it as something that could possibly make you poorer as you engage more into it ..

Don't allow people to make you believe gambling is wrong , you just have to be convinced within you that gambling is not something that will help you . That is the only way you can work towards stopping it

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Gambling is a very risky thing to engage in. Yet so many people still do it and so many are hooked to it. Just like any addiction, it is so hard to get out of the gambling rut. At some point, you may need to ask for help from a professional.

Here are some self help tips that could help you gamble less;

1. Beware of your gambling habits.

Self awareness is the first step to overcoming any bad habit. Once you bring your attention to what you are doing without lying to yourself, you will stay making changes. Sometimes the effects of gambling alone will make you aware of your bad habit.

2. Make a decision to stop gambling.

You have got to make a mental choice that you are going to work towards zero gambling.

3. Stop yourself whenever you feel the urge to gambling.

This is how you build self discipline. Say no each time you want to do it and you will find yourself saying no more easily.

4. Fill your time and thoughts with legit money making ways.

Combining your actions and thoughts towards leaning more on money making through legit ways will help you stay consistent in avoiding gambling.