How to overcome your career weaknesses

Jasz

VIP Contributor
We all have them. The job you don't want, the boss you can't stand, the co-workers who make you want to stab yourself in the eye with a fork.

But there's more than one way to skin a cat -- and if you're like most people, there are probably more than a few ways you could use to get ahead at work.

Here are two tips on how to overcome your career weaknesses:

Be willing to admit what they are. If you're not sure whether or not you should be doing something, ask yourself: "What will happen if I do this?" Think about what might happen if you fail and how that failure would affect others. Then figure out if it's worth it for them and for yourself.

Make sure your decisions are based on facts rather than feelings or hunches. When making decisions about your career, don't just trust your gut; evaluate all of the evidence available before coming up with an answer. A lot of times when we see something as being good in our heads but bad in reality, it's because we've ignored things that seem irrelevant but actually influence our decision-making process

The problem with career weaknesses is that they are often rooted in our fears of failure. We worry that if we admit to them, we'll be judged as not being good enough. We want to be seen as capable and confident, so we hold back on sharing information about our weaknesses. Not only do you miss out on learning how to overcome your weaknesses, but you also miss out on learning how to accept yourself and your past work (and all the mistakes and failures that came with it).

The first step to overcoming your career weaknesses is to identify them.

This can be difficult, since we all have so many different strengths and weaknesses. But if you're willing to look at yourself objectively, there's usually a pattern that emerges.

To get past this fear of admitting our weaknesses and opening up about them, here are five tips:

1) Admit Your Weaknesses

2) Know Your Strengths

3) Find a Mentor

4) Find a Way to Learn From It

5) Take Action

People often experience weaknesses in careers that were not their preferred choices and when you are in that shoe, no amount of training or experience can correct that career weakness. That is because you are not naturally inclined to that career. I worked as a teacher for years but I had difficulties writing lesson notes. It was an Achilles heel for me and no matter how I tried, it was not working.

That is because I was just doing the job to keep my body and soul together. It was not my preferred profession and I just couldn't adapt.

Beyond that, you can overcome career difficulties by just being teachable. If you are not teachable, even years of experience would not go you get past the difficulties. Teachability is the situation where an individual is humble enough to take new knowledge and discard the older one. That is the only way you can overcome career difficulties.

Omo , is not really easy . All these things in a particular working environment won't be suitable for any employees who is facing all these things. Well personally I value my peace of mind more than any other thing and I always try to avoid every possible situations that will always change my emotion from good to bad. If this is happening in my workplace automatically I will not be happy with myself as long as I am working in such an environment which I am not happy to relate with other business colleague.

Personally the best thing I'll just do it to accept who they are just like is brin mention of them but at the same time I have to look for another working environment or possibly another working organisation, when I am able to get one with much less stress then I'll resign and concentrate in that one.