Business Ideas How To Make Money Out Of Onion Farming.

Moni

There are a lot of business around us but it seems we only concentrate on that of office work. The youth nowadays only want to wear suit and sit comfortably in an office with air condition calling someone boss. But my dear you can be your own boss too. You can decide not to let someone think of what he will give you at the end of the month but the choice is yours too.

At my place, there are a lot of farmers out there who doesn't even know how to hold a cutlass and weed but yet still they are great farmers. I just got this idea when my sister brought in some onions. In fact the onions are too expensive and this gave me the idea of been a farmer. In this case, all you have to do is to hire hectares of land and employ farmer who know much about cultivating onions.

In other not to run loss, you don't have to depend on rainfall pattern therefore you have to use irrigation method. Onions also have good price in the dry seasons so you have to check the period in which you cultivate your onions maybe you can go to the agricultural officers for more advice.

Onion is a Herbaceous perennials of the lily family Liliaceae, grown for its edible bulb. The leaves are hollow and tubular and may be arranged in a fan-shaped cluster at the base of the plant or alternately along the upright stalk. Decorative onions are used for this purpose. The stems range from 20 to 70 cm (8 to 28 in) tall, depending on the variety cultivated and growing conditions. Most bulbs are distinctly globe-shaped, with a diameter of 5 to 10 cm (2 to 4 in).

Onion farming has been an influential business that many people consider to invest in, in the Northern part of Nigeria. However, there are some challenges faced by onion farmers, which means the reason why people do not get good returns from the investment. The best way to solve these problems is knowledge acquisition. In Nigeria, the Northerners are really making a lot of profit through onion selling. Aside from the shift in the west or east on the level of farming , I think the northerners have a soil suitable for such crop. They grow it and transport it to the west/ eastern region of the country to sell as Gold sometimes I wonder if it's really worth it or they just feel like hiking the price so much.

Onion farming is a very lucrative and profitable business in which many people do not even think there is good profit there.
Though one need to monitor the seasons when onion will be selling more better in the market. There are some time that onion will be more scarce in the market then more profit will be realized. But there are some times that it will be surplus in the market then the price will be more reduce and the profits made at that moment will be small and reduce compare to when its scarce..