How to make money by selling things you don't need anymore

D

Deleted member 62875

Everyone has his own needs and wants, your old is someones new. You can sell out your properties that you need no more to earn money.
we all have things we are not in need of anymore and you can sell them on various sites online for cash. All you need to do is to take clear pictures of what you need to sell and place them online with the price tag and your phone number. Below are some notable sites you can sell your things with your phones and make money:

1.Jiji: on this app, it helps sellers to meet potential buyers. You will snap your product or whatever you need to sell and place them in various categories already sorted on the app and you put in your price and phone number in order for buyers to contact you. People make money on this app with their phone most especially in Nigeria.
2.Poshmark: just like the Jiji app, you take pictures of the clothing you want to sell and immediately post them for sale. Poshmark is also a marketplace where you can buy and sell other things.
3.eBay: on eBay, you sign up for an account, post items for sale, and wait for customers to bid. It is very simple, fast and also easy to use.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
You've probably heard that you could be making money by selling things you don't need anymore online, but maybe you're not sure how to get started. Here is a rundown of the different ways to get your stuff online, how to figure out how much it's worth, and how to decide what platform will be best for your sale.

There are a lot of options out there when it comes to selling things online, so let's start at the beginning: with all the stuff you own. It's a good idea to do a "purge" of your belongings before getting started—if it's been awhile since you've gone through everything in your home, now is the time. Make a few piles for things that can be donated or recycled, and then make a pile for each of the following categories:

- Things that can be sold via Facebook Marketplace

- Things that can be sold via Craigslist

- Things that can be sold via consignment shops

- Things of significant value that should be sold on eBay or Etsy or Amazon

- Things that may have value but require more research

Now that you know what you have, it's time to check out what it might be worth as well as where you could sell it

Kendy

Verified member
This is so practical. You can make money both offline and line by selling things you do not need anymore. The online platforms such as; Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram and the likes has made it more easier and cost-effective for us to advertise our fairly used products. I never truly realize that, waste is wealth until I threw a fridge to the waste site and immediately I saw people rush to pick it, it was very amazing, I got to realize that the fridge might not be repaired but the scrap products would be used for other purposes. It was then I started being more cautious. There is a course mate and a friend who deals with fairly used laptops and phones, he also buys scrap materials at cheap rates from people. Imagine having a phone which cannot be repaired, instead of throwing it away, atleast you can sell it for $10.

There are platforms on Facebook to be precise, where the group is created as "fairly used items." People come to post their products with prices. This would help people who cannot afford the original and new products to opt for the used ones. For your products to be bought faster, it still has to be new and not too worn-out.

E

eldavis

I remember when I was still using my last Tecno phone, I can't really remember the exact one right now. Back then I finally got a new phone and I had no need for the techno. I registered on Jiji, that was the first time I made use of the site and I actually got calls as to alot of persons willing to buy the phone. Though in the end I got a more decent offer offline. You can also make use of your social media accounts to sell of these things though. Facebook even has a market place where you can buy and sell.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Making money on the internet is getting easier because of the advent of the internet and social media platforms generally and a lot of people are capitalising on these to make some good amount of money for themselves.

There are several platforms in which you can venture into and start making some good amount of money selling things you do not need again but before then it is very much important you try as much as possible to keep them in good condition so that you can sell them at a very reasonable price.

No matter your country of residence, this is very practicable and viable because there are so many online stores in so many countries around the world and some of the most popular ones are Etsy, eBay and a lot of others.

In this part of the world there are others called Jiji, and a whole lot of others also. You can easily sign up on this platforms and begin to list the products you have for sale. It is very much important you keep them in good condition like I have stated before in order for it to attract people. It is also important for you to keep it in reasonable price if not nobody will buy it.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
internet gives you the opportunity to sell whatever you want provided you know how to go about it. There are some people who are making a lot of money using the internet to sell their are offline products.

There are so many ways to go about it if you want to sell things you no longer use. The ways include

Classified adverts
classified adverts website gives you the opportunity to display any products for the target audience. A classic example of classified adverts is Craigslist.

There are so many categories on this website which gives you the opportunity to sell a wide range of different things. Jiji is one of the popular classified adverts website in my country.

I have a friend who make use of this platform to sell his laptop and phone accessories. He is making a lot of sales as a result.

Facebook
Facebook is another platform you can make use of to sell you're offline product or things you no longer need. you only need to create a page on Facebook and display the picture of those product you want to sell.

WhatsApp
WhatsApp is another medium people are making use of to sell products and services. They usually upload the pictures of the products they are selling on WhatsApp status.

There are some people who created market in form of group on WhatsApp and give every enterpreneur opportunity to promote their products or services.

Rachael

Verified member
This is literally a perfect way to make money. Prior to this time, I had discarded things I thought was not useful to me anymore. I never realized that waste is wealth. Few months ago, I discarded an old clock and a fridge and before I could turn to leave, I saw many people run towards it and I was perplexed so I waited to see what would be done. Lo and behold! A man took it into his tricycle and people who passed told me that even though he might not be able to get it fixed but he can sell it to scrap vendors and get money. I was amazed that there was something of that yet I threw it thinking it could not fetch me money.

Again, the clock, there is a magnetic device according to my findings and depending on the type of clock, you could get a good buyer especially foreigners who would be willing to pay millions just to get that device from the clock.
Waste indeed is wealth. There are groups were fairly used items can be advertised and one could also purchase second hand items and save costs. So far, I sold my phone that got spoilt to scrap vendors.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Social social media platforms like Facebook has made it possible for individuals to sell things they produce or Essential things they do not want anymore . Used phones and appliances , used clothes , business confectioneries etc . are some of the things that could be sold at the Facebook marketplace . most of us think that Facebook is only for chatting interrupting and communicating with friends individuals and colleagues in different angles of the world . Absolutely not Facebook allows its users to chat no doubt , it also allows its users to upload photos and create videos and pages . And so it takes a wise and considerable individual or business owner to see this medium as a way to advertise what his business sells or produce or to market what he or she does not need anymore .

Although there are other social media platforms like Instagram , WhatsApp , Twitter , and tik-tok . But I still prefer Facebook because it is widely spread . And 200 persons out of 300 individuals is said to have a Facebook account . It was also analysed and researched that in every passing week up to 50 new Facebook account are been owned and created .

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well, I understand there is how you can sell your product in that way but I don't really know because I never had experience of that before , and even if people can actually make money in this way, I don't really think it's something people should actually depend on because it might not really work out as we might expect . We have to consider a situation in which we engage in this business then at the end of the day we have sold out everything obviously, we will be left with nothing.

It is only a type of business that you can just do and make quick and money available then and that's all . we won't keep on selling our used products online because there will be a time in which you won't have any product to sell anymore.

I am just interested in a business that I will definitely make money with consistently and not really a temporary business I have to do.

For me personally , I don't even know of any of my used products i can sell to make money online , it might not really works for me and I can't even engage in the business based on how I am seeing.

moneyteam

There are a few things to keep in mind when you're looking to make money by selling things you don't need anymore. First, you'll want to make sure that you're pricing your items correctly. Second, you'll want to choose the right platform to sell on. And finally, you'll want to take good pictures and write compelling descriptions.