How to make money as a boutique owner

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Boutique business is a type of business that deals with selling of clothes and anything that relates with wears.

This business is capital intensive, you need to have your own inventory of clothes and if you follow my old thread you'll learn how to import clothes from overseas.

But to start a boutique you don't even need to import clothes from overseas, you can buy from wholesalers in Nigeria, you can buy clothes at a wholesale price from Lagos or Aba, the amount you have will determine the quality of the clothes you'll buy, so this boils down to you.

Some boutique owners do buy designers wears but this is not really necessary. , because designer wears can expend your capital, hence wouldn't allow you to buy much.

So, you can invest in nice men wears and suits, belts, neck ties, cuff links etc you can buy female wears.

This business thrives in a highbrow area because they'll be the ones interested in this kind of business for patronage or you can stay in a shopping mall.

You can also make money by sourcing clothes from local fashion designers they'll be supplying you with clothes and you'll be selling and putting your own commission.

If you are a fashion designer, you can design clothes and launch your boutique store and sell clothes. As a designer you can also design clothes for occasions like wedding. However, if you are not a designer, you can hire designers, ask them to design clothes and sell the designer wears from your store. The easiest method, and also the cheapest method is to import hand picked clothes from foreign countries and star selling from your boutique.

I have friends who are in this business line. Their businesses cater to the niche market, they sell to high profile people like celebrities and socialites, therefore, set a high-profit margin. Sometimes they earn up to 300 percent from a single product. But normally they earn 100 percent profits. I think this is a profitable business that does not require a lot of hard work.

To me, I think boutique business has been too common to the extent that I am starting to feel like the amount of buyers is becoming greater than the amount of sellers. I am even seeing some people online selling, I mean, they don’t even get to see it as a responsibility to try to own a shop to run the establishment before they start it. They are using the medium of social media to advertise and I can tell you that most of them do not have a place they can call a workplace. Well they are still making good income from it though

This business just like you have
just said will depend on the amount of money you have that will determine how far you can go far in this business ,it is obviously a business that will require a large sum of money, most people can choose to import Cloth from Lagos or aba but this is not the best, you should also look into selling of imported products because there are some people that are only interested in buying this type of product.. not only clothing shoes are also sold in boutique.. it will obviously require a large capital and good location.

Yes, boutique doesn't require lots of hard work like other business niche is demanding especially when you're dealing on car flipping business. You can simply hook up with a vendor of the clothes and other wears you want to stock on your boutique and pick it up when they are ready and simply stock it up on your boutique and selling at a profit margin rate. If you have wealthy customers you can simply demand to be supplying the clothes at their door step and even charge for shipment fee and earn extra from your services to the customer you delivered to.

Boutique business is a lucrative business and very profitable only if one can make sure that it place in a good environment where many people or cars a passing through all the time .
One should also make sure that the price is not too high so that people will be able to buy the goods.

One should also make sure that customers is treated very well so that they can as well bring more customer s to the shop .

Having a boutique business is a very prolific kind of business especially if you are selling good stuffs like quality t-shirt and nice jeans. I think people will definitely patronize you if you have those qualities and if they are not really expensive. But what will determine your sales is your location. You need to situate your boutique shop at a place where people converge easily. You know, like school area, close to big market, close to bank. I think this way, you will be selling.