How to make a budget and stuck to it

blessingc

A budget is a financial plan estimated for a particular purpose in a specific period of time, it is a plan that keeps you in track as per how you spend your money. Budgets are important because they help in balancing your spendings with what you earn.
when you program your spendings by budgeting, things will certainly come up, financial wants or needs will come up but how you stick to your plans helps alot.

If I am the type that have a sweet mouth, I love eating alot it's not going to help me keep my budget, I have to cut that out. Or if I love cloths, I love eye catching stuffs, I have to be in control of such desires so I can achieve my goal of budgeting.
Compare products, get quality stuffs but at the same time do not go for the name, go for what your money can buy. Cut down your luxury life and save name, twill help much.
Balance your expenditures with your earnings.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
if you dont budget , you will live from paycheck to paycheck which is bad. You never have any money for fun things, you spend way too much time thinking about how you're going to pay your bills each month, and it's hard to save up for anything big like a new car or a house.
We know this because we've been there. That's why we want to share some of the techniques that helped us break the cycle.
1. Get a clear picture of how much money you're actually spending each month
Track every single expense for two months, and then see where you're spending the most money—and where you could cut back.
2. Put yourself on a budget
Once you have an idea of what your expenses are, set up a budget that accounts for each category of expenses and leaves room for surprises (like when your car breaks down).
3. Stop using cash unless you absolutely have to
You'll waste less time at the grocery store cashing out with cash if you just use your debit card, and it's easier to keep track of what you're spending when everything is centralized in one account rather than spread out between several wallets and purses (who even has time to do that?).

Rachael

Verified member
Every month, I make a budget and at the end of it, I try my best to stick to it, but the reality is that, when I start purchasing those products, it makes me feel like I lost some money while I was shopping. The prices of goods and services is really on the higher side and the best thing we can do is either to use strictly a scale of preference or make use of the opportunity cost as well. Another alternative would be to take up multiple jobs which can augment for our needs and rhymes with our budget. No matter how much we earn, we should live within our budget to avoid incurring debts.

It is pertinent that our budget must be realistic so we do not live above our means. These days, working with a budget is very hard and it makes it almost impossible to even have a meaningful saving goal. Sticking to a budget in recent times is almost like a camel passing through the whole of a needle. There are times when I make a budget and I cancel it several times due to the income. It is a sad reality, that most people live lower than the budget that is needed even though so many needs are forgone. In a country where there is excess inflation and the salaries of individuals still remain the same, budgeting becomes an enemy.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I will have to stress that budget is more or less the same as planning for ones finances . The manners at which you manage your finances is very important and equally a necessity. You did not explain that your financial management could also be the monies that you have made. We would always set plans on the amount of money that we set as our daily target. Some would set $6 in a day, I just finish reading a thread on this forum stating that one could actually make $15 to $20 in a day. The set goals would be worked on if you actually set plans to achieve them. Without a very good plan it is not possible to get this done. Isn't this not part of your finances? It will be extremely difficult to make a reasonable money while working online, most especially the online Venture without good plan to set.
Settings a financial budget and following it to the later takes a lot of sacrifices. Your expensive life should be curbed to the minimal level. The financial planning and budgeting needs lots of discipline, because you will have to do away with lots of things that could make you spend more money.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
The best way to stick to your budgeting plan is to learn self discipline. Which involves being in control of your desires and wants. That way, you just focus on satisfying your needs, which are the most important staff that needs to be bought. But you must start by defining your needs and wants.

Awareness is the first step to being self disciplined. So you must bring your awareness to how you spend money and what things you are most likely to be tempted by. If you love wearing cute clothes, then your temptation will be highest when you visit a mall or just in town where cute clothes are hanged outside the boutiques. Your self control should be most alert during those times.

Your Self discipline becomes a little stronger every time you say no to an urge. So make it your biggest goal to build your self discipline by saying no each time you are really tempted to do some impulsive shopping.

Then reward yourself everytime you succeed at saying no to an urge. When you congratulate yourself or buy something good for yourself to say than you, you become more motivated to build this great habit. Step by step, you will be more self disciplined.

Shigobad2020

There are ways in which you can make a budget and stick to it , you first need to make a list of your income , I mean the amount coming in for you at the end of each month , then you also need to make a list on what you are always spending on , like electricity bill , mobile data bills and recharge card bills , your television subscription and so on.
After knowing all that , you now need to draw a plan on how much you think will be enough for you to take care of the need every month , then try dividing your salary into portions , a portion for house keep , another portion for your upkeep till the end of the month and the last part of the money for saving in the bank
But you have to be discipline and not try to uphold yourself in order not to touch your savings .