How to limit spending

Mastergp

Verified member
Well some people may ask:"I have the money now why shouldn't I spend it on what I like". Because it took hard work for one to acquire money and they want to enjoy it to the fullest but while enjoying one should also think of the future, money may come and also go depending on how you use it.

Many people after acquire money or should I say bless with money they use it as they like some of this persons may not work hard to get this money, they might have inherit this money from their parents, brothers or family member so because they do not know the value of hard work might start spending the money until it all goes down the Nile.
When spending on something one should bear in mind if what he want to buy or spend his money would add value to his live, most people have spend money acquiring much cars and houses for themselves forgetting they need to invest this money in order to get more money, but with the little the have they want to spend it on cloth, jewelries, cars and costly houses.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I think a good way to limit the level of your spending is by creating a budget for your spendings. A lot of times, people tend to spend too much money because they have no blue print of what specifically they what abd therefore, they end up spending a lot cause once they buy a particular thing, another will come up and soon without knowing, you would have spent a lot. Also, it is good that you make a scale of preference of all your needs and wants and place priority on those ones that are on the top list so as to avoid over spending.
Avoid impulsive buyings as well. Make sure you stick to your plans and budgets and avoid buying as your impulses will dictate to you because you will have a lot of things you want to purchase but once you are disciplined and stick to your budget, you can be able to limit your spending.

Heartstrings

You can easily limit how you spend by creating a budget,just like as my friend Paul Abel said, because it is very important, you don't just spend anyhow just because you have the money to spend.

Some people buy things they don't need just because the money is there,you can limit what you spend daily by laying down your plans for the day,save whatever that you have left. Spending extravagantly is not a good thing at all, because it doesn't help when it comes to management and saving. And one thing I have noticed is, those people who works very hard each day do spend with caution,they save money because they know how hard it is to make money,they have know the value of money. And those people who spend anyhow or rather extravagantly should always have it at the back of their minds that there are people out there who are looking for just #20 to buy pure water.

Rubz

There are different ways to limit spending and save money. I believe the first way to do that is to have a not so luxurious lifestyle. I'm not saying one shouldn't live a good life or that one should live like a pauper. The thing is that if one starts with a very luxurious lifestyle, one would definitely want to keep up with that lifestyle even when the money is no longer coming as much as it used to. One should try to live an average and comfortable lifestyle. Another way to limit spending is to always have a budget and go with a shopping list when one is going shopping. This helps one avoid buying things that are not neccesary.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
limiting spending is possible by being disciplined and knowing how to go about budgeting your income, as we all know there are two types of income, active and passive income, most people are earning actively that is by working jobs, in Jobs, there is a cap, which is the amount that you earn hourly or monthly, because of this, naturally money won't be enough for you to live large or luxurious, hence you need to devise a plan to make sure your money is can last you till you get your next paycheck which can only be possible by planning your expenses and imposing a spending limit.

while doing that can be a short term fix if you look at long term it doesn't have much upside, are you going to live your whole life limiting yourself on things you enjoy, make plans to be free financially, internet is here and there are a lot of thing we can learn to break free from the shackles of jobs.