How to Launch a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign

Mika

VIP Contributor
Crowdfunding is one of the easiest methods to raise funds for your business or any other cause, however, if you don’t get backers or donors, your crowdfunding campaign will fail. Let’s say you need $1000, you start a campaign on GoFundMe, if you get just $50, will your purpose fulfilled? Even though GoFundMe allows you to run the campaign for as long as you want and can take every penny funded, if you do not reach the goal, your campaign will not become successful.

So, how do you ensure that your crowdfunding campaign will become successful and you reach your funding goal?

No matter which crowdfunding platform you are using (GoFundMe, Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, etc.), no matter what purpose you have for your campaign (personal, business, social, etc.), your campaign should look genuine to the backers. There are two ways to do this. You pitch your campaign idea through a white paper (or an article), photographs, and video. You then add authenticity to your campaign by adding your social profile links, website address, and video interview.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have no experience with starting a crowdfunding campaign, however, I have donated to a couple of crowdfunding campaigns. Interestingly, I have written proposals and scripted videos for a couple of campaigns for my clients. Kickstarter is a good platform for crowdfunding business, this platform is you take or all nothing. In other words, You must reach the crowdfunding goal in order to receive funds from Kickstarter, if you don't reach goal, you will not receive funds. For example, if your goal is to raise $1000 and your users only pledged $700, you will not receive the money. In order to receive donations, you must be a genuine person, and your business must be a genuine entity, you can establish your authenticity by sharing links to your social profiles, business papers, video interviews, etc. You need to convince your donors to donate to your campaign, you can do that by sharing a good proposal.