How to kill inaction in business with the 15 minutes rule.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When it comes to succeding in business it can only come with taking action, if you just have your plans in the pipe and don't take action then you are wasting your time

This is why experts have come up with the 15-minute rule to break the pattern. You can help achieve a lot with this rule. All you need do is to set your timer on anything you deem fit to 15 minutes and do the one thing you've been putting off the longest.

The use of 15 minutes is because It's a short time span that wouldn't seem daunting to anyone, it's just enough time to get one started on any job or task.

You' will likely keep going with the choosen job even after those 15 minutes, with this you would have broken the pattern of inaction.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I am still trying understand how the 15 minutes rule works. Based on this opening post, I infer that one just need to push himself to start a task and try to last for 15 minutes. I understand that this might help but this is not sustainable. Anything, including business activities that you are not motivated to do it from your innermost mind, you would very likely goof when you force yourself to do it. That's the reason we say that people should stick to a business they enjoy from deep within.