Saving Money How to Improve Your Net Worth?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Net worth is your monetary value that you get after deducting your debt from your fixed assets (house, land, etc.) and liquid assets (cash, bank balance, shares, etc.) For example, you have a house worth $300,000, $10,000 worth of shares, $5000 in bank, $200,000 mortgage payment, $10,000 outstanding bills, $5000 credit card balance, your net worth will be $1005,000.

Improving your net worth means, improving your financial health. In order to improve your net worth, you need to build your fixed assets and liquid assets while paying your all debts and liabilities.

You cannot grow your net worth overnight. You will have to earn more, save more, and start clearing your all debts. You should first start with paying your debts and then start saving. You should work hard to reduce your debt burden. Save money on interest-bearing accounts. Invest in property and shares.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Ways of improving net worth may include having various sources of income. I am of the opinion that having many sources of income is better than having only one thay pays well. When you have many sources, you will plan well on which one to be saving and which one to be spending.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
In my own idea, I think there are more effective ways to improve net worth. You can be an investor. I think it is the best way to improve it. Although it does not take effect overnight, usually it takes time to yield but apparently, long term investment is the best.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Investing is the best way to improve your net worth, there is no doubt about this. You can multiply your net worth only by investing. But in order to invest, you need liquid assets. If you don't have liquid assets you cannot invest. It is not a very good idea to sell your fixed asset for investment purpose.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Our net worth had greatly improved over time because my wife is good in saving money. Of course, I also have my share of savings and I was instrumental in getting a mortgage to buy our home. Our net worth now is computed with the value of hour home, 2 cars, money in the bank, some jewelry that my wife owns.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
In order to improve your net worth, first and foremost, you need to pay off your debt. Once you hve cleared your entire debt, you need to start saving. When you have saved size-able amount, invest the money on shares, security bonds, or crypto currency. If you have idea, you can also launch your own business.