How to improve your credit score

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Having a low credit rating isn't good for your financial standing. it shows you wouldn't be a good debtor to a potential lender. The words of the money is just telling a would-be borrower that you pay your debt on time will not cut it. The borrower must have dealth with others that promised to pay but defaulted in the end. So a lot of them have learned their lessons the hard way and would take chances with debtors that have low credit score. But if you have low credit score you can improve it over time before approaching a lender. You can do the following.

1. Learn to start paying your bills when due. Just budget money out for your bills

2. Get your credit report and try to fix any error that would complicate issues for you. Do this as early as possible.

3. Avoid to unnecessarily take out any credit unless you can't just avoid it. But if you can live by your pay check than depending on your credit card

4. Check your credit report and report any inconsistency. You need to avoid any thing that will dent your rating so check to be sure it is in good standing

How do you improve your credit score?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Improving your credit score expecially in a more civilized country, where everything are almost automated and documented is very crucial. Your credit score is a crucial part of your financial health. It can impact everything from your ability to secure a mortgage to how much you'll pay in interest on a credit card. If your credit score is currently low, there are some things you can do to help it improve.

First, be sure to pay your bills on time. The best way to do this is to set up automatic payments for everything you can, including your cable bill, internet bill and phone bill. If you have any recurring expenses that don't allow for automatic payments, set up a calendar or reminder system to make sure you never miss a payment.

If you have any past-due balances, take care of those as soon as possible—the longer they go unpaid, the more damage they'll do to your credit score.

If you have any collection accounts or old debts that are no longer in use, contact the original creditor (the company you originally owed money to) and ask them if they're willing to forgive the debt and remove it from your report. This won't work with all creditors, but it's worth asking!

Remember that improving your credit score takes time—it will happen over months and years rather than weeks and days. Be patient and keep working toward your goal.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your past paragraph is apt, the fact is that you are improve your credit score or rating but you need to be patient and you would achieve it but while at it you should do some things that will help you rectify it. The truth is that no lender wants to take chances with their money so you should try all that you can to sort it out especially it if you are looking to get a mortgage or buy a capital intensive stuff.

Like you rightly say it is good to exercise patience and do what would help you almost immediately than jeopardizing the opportunity by leaving your bills unpaid. Take out time to sort out your bills so that you have little to no hills to pay which will show you detest to owe and it wouldn't be stressful getting a loaned money from you. Nobody will need that stress so it is better to put things right and give the lenders a good impression of your loan getting abilities

Again, if one noticed any kind of errors then you need to report with the evidence you have this can help improve your credit when the whole mistake is corrected

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I learn to repay my loan on time, I don't buy the idea of owing a loan more than its repayment time. I don't love the idea of taking a loan when I don't have anything doing with the loan, I must have a business which I'm investing the loan into with a clear view of making profit out of the business. Because the interest on the loan is just distorting indeed when you come to see it growing over time. That's why it is okay to borrow when you have something tangible to do with the loan, in order to repay back when due and to avoid being penalized.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Exactly, you have a good idea about getting a loan I believe borrowing especially when it is from a financial institution should be for something productive because the loan always come with some interest to be capital and some of this might just be a very high interest. so if you were not productive with the loan paying back become a problem and this is where the issue of low credit rating will emanate from, because if you do not psy back it will be recorded in your credit report and other lenders will start avoiding you when your credit score is low.

The truth is that no human will want to leave his or her hard earned money in the hands of a perpetual debtor in the nsme of borrowing. This is why the credit report is there already so that new lenders have a pre knowledge or history of who they are about to deal with. With a low credit score you can't convince them verbally to be on your side. So the best bet will be to improve or repair your credit card so that transacting a new business with anyone will be a breeze. Paying up all bills on the credit report can help.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Having a positive credit score is very important indeed. It opens doors to a great financial life for you. So you should strive to have a very good credit score so that you can enjoy the benefits. The following are some of my suggestions on this;

1. Pay off your loans on time - failing to pay back any loans you take on the specified repayment date will cost you your credit history. The loan lending companies are so good at testifying your negative credit history when you fail to pay back a loan on time.
  2. Avoid taking unnecessary loans - taking unnecessary loans is what leads many people to fail to pay back a loan. So you should control how you take the loans. Only take them with a plan on paying it back by investing the money in a profitable venture or paying it back using your income Incase of a personal loan.
  3. Spend the money you earn wisely - there is nothing as great as being able to afford all your bills using the money you earn. It saves you a lot from having to take loans for your bills. So you should make a budget that is consistent with what you can afford and control your urges to spend on your desires.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your three points are like the most vital points to adopt when trying to repair your credit. The truth remains that a lot of people would continue to be in debt when they do not change the course of things if you want things to go well with you when you want to take out a mortgage or buy a car on loan then you should first be sure that your credit rating is high. There's no way of convincing the lender with just a plea for them to part with their money it might never work. The best bet will be to have a clean slate to gain confidence and be able to get your financial request granted

The first thing is to tackle the problem from the tap root, start by cutting down on your borrowing, you can do this by living by your neabs and avoid borrowing money for things that would not generate income or money. Until you are even sure of your business don't even borrow to start it. Though I'm never an advocate of starting a business with loans but if you would make sure you are working with an expert to get by it right from the onset.

jackpeter

There are various ways to improve credit card sore. As a financial advisor, I will suggest you can choose the option in mentioned.

• Lower your monthly payments
  • Reduce credit card interest rates
  • Waive late fees
  • Reduce collection calls
  • Avoid
  • bankruptcy
  • Have only one monthly payment

Call us at O7779648018