D

Deleted member 13140

Have you ever come across or heard of "Am Being too salesy" It's an actual term, it wasn't even highlighted as wrong word spelling, Well this is when you feel like you're selling too much, It can be due to you self promoting yourself, but it's a good thing self promotion doesn't have to be salesy, but when looking for your first client, you should take it slow on promotion.

1. Check Your Existing Contact.

Let folks know about your new venture once you start freelancing! While you can share your announcement on various social media platforms, it's important to contact people in your network directly by email, phone, or video chats.

2. connect with brands you'll like to work with in future
You are not required to wait for work to come to you. Instead, take the initiative and contact brands you'd like to collaborate with. This begins with identifying employees with whom you may form bonds.

Although cold pitching can be effective on occasion, I strongly advise communicating with important members of the organization.

3. Connect with other freelancers
When you're just starting out as a freelancer, one of the most important aspects of your business to focus on is making significant connections with other freelancers in your sector. Social media, networking events, and even short Google searches can help you meet other freelancers.

Propa

I think most of these strategies really works, although this is my first time of seeing this article but I have used most of the strategies in it and I've been able able to keep a couple of clients on a top freelance platform like HYVE

Abigael

Valued Contributor
These are very good tips that can truly land you your first client in freelancing. Which is something that is so good to venture into. I have been thinking about it too and these tips will help me a lot to get started with it. It is awesome that we have the internet now and so it is so easy to meet like minded people.

Social media is a great place to start posting about what you have started doing. It is there that you will attract people's attention most and that is when you will get clients who are willing to patronize your services.

You can also meet other freelancers in social media when you put yourself out that you are doing the job. It is so great when birds of the same feathers flock together. You will have a lot to share and you can introduce yourselves to new clients and share better earning methods.

Another thing that can make you land clients faster is making your profiles in freelancing sites to be very attractive. Clearly state what you do and put the amount you expect to be paid to be a reasonable one. Then it helps a lot to post about your qualifications too.