How to endorse a cashiers check need help

Hi, I need help on how to endorse and cash into the bank account a cashiers check. The pay order is under the name of my mother. The problem is that my mother is to old and cant walk she use a wheelchair. I am the son and the question is if the check can be endorsed with my name. On the rear of the check is the place to make an endorsement but on the customer copy below the check states NON NEGOTIABLE.

What means NON NEGOTIABLE because on the check is not stated. Can the check be endorsed or I need a notary authorization to cash the check in a bank with my name? Another question is the expiration date to cash the check, 180 days is the information that I have.

check.jpg

Last edited:

Suba

Staff member
Of course you can't cash a check in your mother's name, because the check listed is paid to (your mother's name), especially on the back of the check it is declared non-negotiable, meaning that no other party can cash the check, I think the best step for you is to meet the bank's customer service To find a solution, show a photo or video of your elderly, wheelchair-bound mother. if there is no other way then you have to take your mother to the bank, even though she only sits in a wheelchair, but you are the one who actively faces the cashier and shows your mother to the cashier.

Of course you can't cash a check in your mother's name, because the check listed is paid to (your mother's name), especially on the back of the check it is declared non-negotiable, meaning that no other party can cash the check, I think the best step for you is to meet the bank's customer service To find a solution, show a photo or video of your elderly, wheelchair-bound mother. if there is no other way then you have to take your mother to the bank, even though she only sits in a wheelchair, but you are the one who actively faces the cashier and shows your mother to the cashier.
On the back of the check is not declared NON NEGOTIABLE, only in the customer copy below the check. But on the rear of the check is printed the form lines to fill for an endorsement. The check is in the upper part and the customer copy is an extension there is a cut line to separate the check from customers copy.

Another way to change the pay order name is with a notary letter I am the son of my mother. If someone can confirm that a notary letter signed by my mother enables me to cash the check to a bank account would be very helpful. On the check itself NON NEGOTIABLE is not printed.

Last edited: