How to Earn a Living as a Freelance Writer

Mika

VIP Contributor
A freelance writer is someone who is not directly employed by any company and writes for businesses, individuals, and publishing houses without being on their payroll. The freelance writer works independently. As a freelance writer, you can offer your freelance writing services through freelance marketplaces, and write for blogs, websites, and other publications. In order to earn a living as a freelance writer, you will have to do a lot of things.

Publish books and ebooks: There are two major benefits of publishing books, one, you earn a passive income, and two, you establish an authority on your niche.

Start a Blog: Blogging has four benefits, one, you make passive money, two, you showcase your portfolio, three, you sell your freelancing services, and four, you establish authority.

Create a digital course: Writing is a lucrative career, no matter what you do you need writing skills. That’s why a lot of people are trying to hone their writing skills. You can sell your writing courses.

Etini

Valued Contributor
@Mika do you have an idea how to go about publishing and earning on Amazon kindle publishing? I have been seeing a lot about it and I would have loved to earn from it given that I can write very well. Everybody wants to teach for a few which I can't readily afford at the moment.

Also, I would like to know sites where one can write on a freelance level and get paid. Fiverr and Upwork looks saturated and it is very difficult to get gigs there as a newbie. I have friends that are there and have not gotten gigs even when they are very good writers.

Writing is an incredible skill to have The ability to document your persuasions is such a satisfying skill. I think it is just difficult to monetize it this days of digital publishing. I would really love to earn from writing apart from here on trendri.