How to Drive Sales on Your Etsy Store Through Paid Ads?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to run ads on Etsy the main questions are that needs to address are:

How much money you need to put on ads?

How long your ads should run?

What is the ad conversion rate?

Just because you are running ads do not mean you will generate tons of sales, there might be no sales for weeks, or even months. In order to see whether ad campaigns were profitable or not you need to see the whole picture on how much you spend on ads, and how much revenue you made.

When you are running ads, sales depend on your niche, trends, and seasons. You also need a lot of products on your store because sometimes the sellers will end up buying another product rather than the product they clicked.

Average ad conversion rate on Etsy is more than 5 percent, but if you are getting lower than 5 percent, you need to understand customers do not like your products.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are an old seller, you might not have to spend money on ads because old sellers are automatically pushed by the Etsy algorithm. That's because the Etsy algorithm favors sellers who have already sold items, sellers, who have positive reviews, and sellers who get a lot of visits to their store and clicks on the products. However, if you have just started out, Etsy does not knows who you are, whether your products are valuable or not, or whether people will like your products or not. Therefore, Etsy doe snot care about new sellers. You need to earn trust from Etsy algorithm to push your products on the searches, related/similar products category. In order to do that SEO is no enough. A lot of sellers apply the same SEO strategy and you will be easily defeated by experienced sellers. Therefore, the only way to survive the competition is to run ads.

Sikapa

Verified member
One thing I didn't know from the beginning is, I did not know that generating traffic doesn't guarantee you to get sales. Some you can get more and more traffic which are organic audience but you will end up not making a single sale. Yes, and we have to admit that one too.

I don't know anything Etsy but I have hear people or sellers on fiverr promoting Etsy links for others. People hire sellers from Fiverr to promote their Etsy links for them but to me I don't know much about it and maybe I will need to learn more about this Etsy to see if I can work on it too. So is it like clickbank or Digistore24?