How to distinguish self from others during a job interview

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The truth is that any job interview that have a lot of people seeking out for comes with a high level of competition. it is more like the survival of the fittest as such it is only those with outstanding skills and strategies that will noticed from the crowd. so you need to adopt the strategy that will get it noticed so that you can progress from the interview stage to the next stage of the hiring process to clinch the job.

The below points should be adopted to help one remain outstanding.

1. start by arriving to the venue of the interview very early. you should get in before the employers

2. During the interview give your undivided attention and remain eye contact with the interviewers. This will help to show how engaged you are to the panelists.

3. Tell them again and again that you are interested in the role you are applying for. This will show the interviewers that you really need the job and you should be adopted

4. Only try to ask unique questions and it should be about your qualifications and the job requirements only. Then talk only when you are allowed to do.

What are your own contributions?

Finger Geek

Verified member
This is nice tips. I will like to this to the above mentioned tips.
When ask to enter an interview room. You are supposed to knock the door and wait for permission to enter before entering the room. I have seen a case of someone that went for an interview. And when he was asked to enter the interview room. He just banged in the room without knowing. So the interviewer was disappointed with his rudeness. Without asking the guy question, he asked him to go out and that is how he failed the interview before starting.
And also when in the room. Before you sit, you must be permitted to sit. This are manners that is expected from the employee after they are employed to the company.
One more thing. Whenever we go for an interview, we must be bold and be convident on our area of specialization.. I could remember a book a read few years ago. It was about a man that went for an interview. During the interview he was proposed to be paid some amount of money as salary. But because I knows his worth, he said it means he is not the right person the company is look for. The interviewer now ask why. So the reply of the man was that "if I am to be paid that salary then I am not employed for my profession". We should know our standard. With the man's response, he was given the job.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are on points with all the tips stated I think people just need to know that coutesy is really important when you attend an interview. You need to watch your body language and your spoken words. try not to be rude at all. it doesn't take anything to be nice and calm when you are to do interviewed so that you can score first a goal with your impression to the interviewers.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The Job Interview is stressful for most job seekers and even professionals who do not see many job interviews throughout their career may wonder how to get over that they are nervous.

How To Become Confident In Front Of Job Interviewer? As we look for jobs, we get into a dilemma …. Speak confidently in front of the interviewer if you want to get the job or leave without a doubt that he has met his best match when he took it.

There are several ways to look and feel confident during a job interview. You take the most widely used job interview preparation courses. You practice answering common interview questions. And you rehearse what you are going to say during the actual interview itself so that you appear intelligent and in control. However, practicing for an interview is not the same as preparing for one.

Confidence is an integral part of being you and upholding your self worth. When your confidence wanes, your skills and abilities begin to diminish as well. It can also affect how others see you, as well as how you see yourself, which makes it all the more challenging to stand out from the crowd during a job interview.

Most cases Good resume is what gets you an interview and an excellent interview scores get you a job.

You can go through some of my posts to get how to write a good resume and how to prepare for an interview to get your dream job.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well stated having self confidence also play a big role when it comes to an interview process, you need to convince the interviewers that you can hold your hold own and can work independently. this is what confidence does it gives you the power to stand out and tackle issues uniquely. All of these are needed to show case ones talent.

E

eldavis

Yes you can do all these but at the same time be yourself. Employers or interviewers know when it is being forced. You can also add some extra skills you have into your CV, it does not have to be only the skills they are looking for.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Going for interview is more than answering questions correctly but to prove to your employers that you are skillful and a suitable candidate than the rest of the candidates.

You need first to have self confidence and ability not to get intimidated even when you are faced with what can intimidate you. You face the team as if you are talking as peers.

Another thing is that you need to dress modestly. Remember it is not a beauty content. So you must not exaggerate in your dressing. Wear a nice shirt as a guy and be moderate while wearing perfume and other deodorants.

Make sure you have done research about the company and practise how to face the crowd by facing the mirror while you at home. You don't need to answer all questions the correctly but you must make an attempt.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I agree with you researching about the company is very important. you don't want to be taken by surprise that a little information you would have given about the company you are applying to couldn't be supplied by you. These are the little things that employers want to find out to see how versed you are with the company and the job applied for

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes you can do all these but at the same time be yourself. Employers or interviewers know when it is being forced. You can also add some extra skills you have into your CV, it does not have to be only the skills they are looking for.
Yesh Definitely, if there are other skills that you believe that you can get add to your resume to make it more enticing then you can go ahead with it. you know you are competing with others so whatever you think will give you the edge shouldn't be dropped. So add more skills but it should be relevant to the job role or almost close to skills that must been stated.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had the experiencing of doing the interview of applicants for the programming job when I was operations manager of a Japanese software house. The first thing I look at is the appearance particularly the face - he may be nervous or the opposite. During the interview, it is common to see an applicant to look tense but that is all right. What I note down are the answers to my question regarding the job. What I want to hear is their experience when there is a crisis in the job like trying to beat an impossible deadline or how to handle a bad boss. Small things are also important to me like giving the exact answers to my question and nothing more. When the applicant gives more information then that may be bragging already and I do not favor that kind of behavior.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Interesting tips you gave out concerning job interview. With the little tips, anyone going for interview can simply put him or herself in the right frame of mind simply thinking about his or her job, and meditating on what the employers will ask him or her. I know it isn't Q&A alone, your qualifications should be there as well in order to put it clear to the employers that you're very qualified by putting down a back up to all you've said about your career experiences on life, and where you've given out your device as well and earned from it plus other numerous.

Kendy

Verified member
There are different ways you can distinguish yourself from others during a job interview and this is one advantage that you might likely be the chosen candidate out of the whole crowd. When you apply for a job, it is pertinent that you prepare effectively for likely or possible questions that would arise. The level of your intelligence quotient would always be tested. It is also prompt that you prepare on time and avoid the urge of procrastination. During the job interview, you should have it at the back of your mind that you are not the only candidate who is vying for the vacant position and apparently you might not be the only candidate with a well furnished curriculum vitae so you must be creative by making yourself stand out which would strike a sign noticeable by the intending employer. One of the strategies that may put you at an advantage or edge over other candidates is confidence. As a potential employer, you should not undermine the power of self-confidence, this does not in a y mean that you should be over-confident but you should were confidence and self awareness as a perfume. Also, you should not be intimidated by any questions and you should always have the power of bargaining and not just accept their renumeration or other fringe benefits offer because if you accept it at the spot, they will know that you have no much value.