How To Deal With False Accusations Of Sexual Harassment At Work?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Dealing with false accusation could be a very tough thing for many people. When it comes to false accusation of sexual harassment, many people do not realise that there are many women who falsely accuse men of sexually harassing them and I am pretty sure that there are so many men who falsely get accused and many people actually believe these accusations without even realising that the accusation could be false. They usually believe in such accusations because they think that a woman is always right and a man is always wrong. I have also been falsely accused of sexually harassing a woman by another woman and this shows the mentality of such kind of women.

What's quite worse is that they think and care more about the image of other women rather than thinking about the fact that how these accusations could tarnish the image of the male person in the society. This has happened in the past when a girl became just too emotional and she was overacting in my coaching classes when someone threw a pen at her. I am sure that such scenarios also happen at workplaces, too. So how can a man deal with such kind of accusations at workplaces when the society thinks that he must be a culprit without even thinking that the man might be innocent in the first place?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
False accusations of sexual harassment at work are a serious problem, and it's important to know how to handle them.
It can be tempting to brush off a false accusation as nothing but an attempt by someone who is bitter or angry at you for some reason, but that can be dangerous. If you don't take the accusation seriously and address it properly, you could end up being sued by your accuser even if they were lying in the first place.

Here are some tips on how to deal with false accusations of sexual harassment at work:

1. Don't ignore the situation. If someone makes an accusation against you, take it seriously and address it right away. Do not dismiss their concerns or accuse them of making things up because they're mad at you; instead, try listening carefully and making sure you understand their point of view before responding.

2. Keep calm and collected during any meetings with HR or other managers over the issue try not to get emotional or defensive while talking about what happened during those meetings because that could make things worse later on down the road if there are further repercussions from what's been said during those meetings later on down the road.

Richee84

Sexual harassment is a common tend in this our society today, there is hardly any day that pass by without a report of sexual harassment. Though by and large women has always be the major victim of sexual harassment but some ladies today have also been accusing men of sexual harassment I'm the name!e to blackmail them or get back at them . it is very easy for the society to believe any false story put up by ladies for sexual harassment because it tend to be a come thing now in the society. Women are always seen as been weak against men and therefore they always have that sympathy if anything happen to them. Men must be very careful to avoid been falsely accused of sexual harassment cause not everybody will want to believe their own side of the story. Men must avoid unnecessary relationship with ladies they know can tarnish their image or can go to any length to bring them down. It will be very difficult for any lady who you do not have any close relationships with to just come up with false accusation against you in the public. All men must know the kind of friend they keep and trend with care dealing with other lady.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
If you've been falsely accused of sexual harassment at work, the last thing you need is to be worried about whether or not you'll be able to keep your job. If it can happen to someone else, it can happen to you. So how do you deal with it? Here are four tips for handling false accusations of sexual harassment at work:
1. Don't panic. This might seem like a no-brainer, but people in stressful situations tend to panic, and it can make everything worse. Take a moment before reacting, and don't react without first consulting an attorney who specializes in employment law.
2. Keep your cool. Your emotions are going to run high when someone accuses you of something terrible like sexual harassment, but try not to let that come out as anger or aggression towards them or anyone else involved in the situation (even if they're being awful). You'll just end up making things worse for yourself by making enemies instead of allies who will help clear your name and make sure justice is served.
3. Be honest. If someone asks you if something happened between the two of you (even if they're accusing you), just tell them what happened.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We are living in the world were accusations seems normal, sexual harassment is even done openly. I've never been sexually harassed at the moment, it happened in the past when I was a teenager not anymore. I don't want such to happen again, I always stay away from women, because most of them can act funny. Ever since I started staying indoors, my presence outdoor is limited and as such, it wouldn't be easy for sexual harassment to take place in my life. In the world of soccer, in fact in celebrities career, sexual harassment is common to them, since they're living public lifestyle, lots of people target them, just to accuse them of rape and other harassment that is unwanted.