How to Create Multi Vendor Online Store

Mika

VIP Contributor
Multi-vendor online store means ecommerce marketplace where a lot of people can register and sell their own items, something like ebay, etsy, or even Amazon.

You need to use CMS like Joomla or Drupal or code from scratch. However, if you do not have the skills to use complicated CMS or code website, you can use wordpress.

You can create any kind of online store on wordpress, either a digital product store or a physical product store.

Here is a simple tutorial for creating a wordpress website for digital products or physical products, either a single-owner store, or a multi-vendor store.

Once you set up your website, install Easy Digital Download, Download Monitor, or Download Manager plugin. When you install one of these plugins, your wordpress website will be converted to a digital product store.

For selling physical products, you need to install woocommerce plugin.

After installing download plugin or woocommerce plugin, you will also have to use a plugin that enables or disables certain capabilities to the registered users.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do not know how it works in self coded websites because I have no coding skills and I have never built websites from scratch. However, I have experimented multiple content management systems and there is an easy way to create multi users website. In the setting you should check mark the box that says allow user registrations. When you allow users registration, everyone can register on your website and do that you have allowed under permission. How much functions and capabilities you want to give to the registered users depend on you. However, when you are creating a multi user (or let's say multi vendor) website, the most important thing to consider is how much band with and diskspace your hosting package has given to you. You need unlimited bandwith and very large diskspace. You also need a secured hosting, something like VPS or Dedicated Server because you deal with users data.

ermawinter

First Steps to Starting a Multi-Vendor Site
  1. Less is more. Determine your niche. ...
  2. Benefit from competitors' weaknesses. Find the way you can be better than your competitors. ...
  3. Find vendors. To get inventory, you need to find suppliers. ...
  4. Attract buyers. ...
  5. Focus on supply, customers, and vendors rather than development.