How to Build Target Keywords in Semrush

Mika

VIP Contributor
Semrush is an SEO company that helps individuals and businesses to rank better on search engines. Semrush has two versions, one is free and another one requires you to pay $120 per month. Unless you are earning thousands of dollars from your website, you cannot afford to pay $120 per month for an SEO tool. However, even the free version has many free tools that you can use to do keyword research, competitor analysis, etc. In this post, I will teach you how to use Semrush to build target keywords.

Here is a step by step process to build target keywords in Semrush

In the search bar, search your main keyword

You can find long-tail keywords by using Keyword Magic Tool

Use filters to differentiate keywords as SEO difficulty or competitive density for PPC campaign

Use Keyword Magic Tool to apply filters for different searches.

Once you get the filtered list, send it to Keyword Manager.

You can use Keyword Magic Tool to find more topics for related keywords.

If you want to find more keywords, do it over and over.

Finally, refresh the master list in Keyword manager.

Final thought, you need to be registered and logged in on Semrush to use these features. Registration is free but upgrading the account cost money.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I use semrush free version. However, semrush is not the only tool that I use for SEO purpose, I use a lot of tools and all of these tools are free. I have never paid for any SEO tool. But I would like tom try semrush paid version. It seems there are more benefits of using premium version.