How to Build a Profitable Etsy Shop

Mika

VIP Contributor
My first attempt at selling on Etsy was not very good, I spent money to list products, I spent money on ads, yet I did not make any profits. If you are trying to sell on Etsy, you might learn from my mistakes.

Find a profitable niche: My major mistake was trying to sell what I wanted to sell, I did not try to see what people are actually buying. In order to generate sales, you need to sell items in a profitable niche.

Sell trending designs and products: Don’t try to create a unique product, instead, try to sell trending designs and products. By doing so your product will appear on the Etsy algorithm and will appear in suggest/similar products category.

Sell personalized items: Etsy has a different audience compared to Amazon or eBay. On Etsy, buyers come to buy personalized items, an item that can incorporate their emotions and sentiments. That’s why Etsy is a great marketplace to sell seasonal and gift items.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Here are my proven strategies to drive sales on my Etsy store

Seasonal products: Make use of seasons, holidays, festivals, etc. to reflect on your products. First of all you need to create a design that can be tweaked into a different design with little work. Secondly, you will have to use design, clip art, messages etc. exclusive to the season, holidays and festivals. Let me give you an example. You are selling a T-shirt with a black cat design. You can customize the design with “Happy Halloween” along with the picture of black cat in order to sell your same T-shirts during Halloween season.

Evergreen products: Even though seasonal products will drive sales during the seasons, you will have to create products that sell all through the year, for instance, gift items. For instance someone looking for gift for dads, you can make a combo product with T-shirts, coffee mugs, a coloring book, puzzle game, etc.