How to Become a Successful Video Content Creator

Mika

VIP Contributor
Video content creation is one of the most lucrative jobs you can do online. You can do a lot of things from selling your services to your clients to selling your videos and earning from video sharing platforms. If you want to earn by sharing videos on facebook, Instagram, youtube, or tiktok, here are few tips.

Enhance your skills: Never be satisfied with what you have, always learn advance skills. Having better skills means you create better videos, and hence will earn more.

Recreate the content that is successful: You might have made 100 videos but not all videos will be getting an equal amount of traffic, some videos will be more successful than others. Take a cue from your popular videos and make similar videos.

Create more content: Quality matters but quantity also matters. You should always have something new to offer to your audience. If you create short videos, make short videos every day, if you make long videos make at least 1 video every week.

Frankdan

You've really done justice to the topic. However, being a someone that has little experience about making money online, I will like to add some points to the one you have mentioned already.

To make money as video content creator online, read the below tips:

Have a niche: A lot of people jump to create a youtube channel without having plan for what they will upload to it. This is cause by lack of preparation, not having a niche. What do you want to create video on? Is it on entertainment news? Sport news? Or you want to be creating comedy videos? In a nutshell, let people know your page or youtube channel for something. You can, however, upload something different from your niche to your page or youtube channel once in a while.

Record many videos at the beginning: A popular youtuber in Nigeria told me this. He said I should not rush to create a page or channel. He noted that I should first make many videos like 10 or 20 before I start to upload any video on my channel. Why did he said this? He said the reason is that the views my videos with get at the beginning will discourage me. And this may discourage me from creating another videos. But, If have created many videos at the beginning, what I will just need to do is to upload from my already recorded videos instead of starting to create new one. Before I upload 20 videos to my page or channel, I should be getting a good number of views. I found this to be true.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
In order to become a successful video content creator the first requirement is your interest. If you are not interested in video content creation, you will never become successful. The second requirement is skills. You need advance level skills to become successful. You not only need to be very good at video creation but also with SEO and marketing because you cannot build traffic to your video without SEO and marketing. You also need to understand that you don't become successful overnight, it takes a lot of time and a lot of effort to become successful. You need to produce a lot of videos and consistently share on video platforms to build traffic and engagements. You need to offer quality content, your videos need to provide substance. You need too remember one important thing, you should not be afraid of failure, you need to keep on pushing to become successful.