How to be an Entrepreneur Without having any Business and Marketing Experience

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Whether you're an enthusiastic individual or a team of like-minded individuals, a big question remains: How do I, with no experience in business or marketing, get my idea off the ground?
How do I not only start a business, but also have it grow and flourish?

Being an entrepreneur is no easy task. It takes a lot of drive and determination to succeed in the business world, and it can be difficult to accomplish without prior knowledge or experience in business or marketing. However, there are a few tried-and-true ways to be an entrepreneur without having to work up a sweat or go into heavy debt.

Basic steps to becoming an entrepreneur:

1. Start by making sure you have a positive attitude about yourself, your abilities, and the future of your business.

2. Research what it is that you want to do and how you want to do it.

3. Define what success would look like for your business.

4. Figure out if this is something you want to do, and if so, how you want to make it happen—and who will help you get there.

5. Develop a plan for moving forward that includes resources, goals, timelines, milestones, outcomes and action plans that will help you succeed in your endeavor—and stick with it!

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
People are quite different from one another , personally I don't see the need why I have to try to start of something I don't have an understanding about , to me that's not the best and the time taken for me to learn from experience might be quite long which I do not really have . but instead I rather spend a little of my time to learn and understand every of those things before I even think of starting it up.

To be very serious I do not really have time to learn from experience because it's going to be boring and sometimes this experience might cause you to lose your money , even more than the amount of money you could have used to learn everything about the area of business you are concentrating on .

Well I'll just suggest that people that really wants to be an entrepreneur needs to really understand what he or she is doing as that is just the most important thing.

As an entrepreneur it wouldn't even take you up to half a year for you to spend and learn and get all the necessary information concerning the area you are concentrating on.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
The answer is just START, asking questions, googling, watching YouTube videos are actually action faking because they don't get you anywhere.

I don't think lack of marketing skills or business management skills it's an excuse not to start a business, many people that are billionaires now don't really have any of these knowledge when they started out, they don't understand how business works and all.

But due to staying committed to their goals they were able to scale through, business is 'learn on the job' kind of thing and every entrepreneur's journey is different.

If you read books or watch videos or listen to podcasts you're just wasting time banking on other people's opinion and I'm not in any way against doing any of those things above, my point is, it is only when you start that you would be able to see obstacles and tackle them your own way.

I've come across different people that don't just want to start till everything else is perfect, they ask silly questions about stuffs and even if you give them an elaborate answer they would not start, such type of people can't take the heat of becoming an entrepreneur.

Remember, no one else get it figured out.

Yhubee

Someone must definitely start from somewhere in anything at all including business. There is always a point where you start from somewhere which has been the same even with people that are succeeding now in their business. Business men and women that are doing very well in their business today started from somewhere so even without enough experience in business and in marketing I believe someone can still do very well in business .He or she can have mentors that can guide in the business. Mentors can teach, direct and help and so with the help from these mentors you can do well in your business ; also personally the business owner can learn on his or her own by carrying out some research and findings concerning business and then see how well all that he has learnt can be put into practice . He or she should be positive about his abilities and should have a right mindset as he is about to start and believe that he or she can actually do it as others did.
Even when he or she eventually starts the business , more research is still necessary on how to do better in order to succeed.