How smart people invest in stupid memecoins

gamaisnh875

In the 1984 TV commercial, a young and enthusiastic band played their demo in the office of a music company. A bored music executive initially criticized them, but later they were served famous Kit Kat chocolate and the manager said they would go far.

Memecoins like PEPE and Dogecoin appeal to smart and savvy individuals. However, investing in memecoins is not easy, and smart people often pay the price if they don't trade at the right time.

pepe_coin-1024x655.webp

Yavin, the head of the business department at Syndika, opposes any memecoin trading strategy. He mentioned that memecoins are gaining attention due to the bearish market and the crypto winter. Memecoin participants often don't care about investing in long-term projects that take years to build, but only focus on making quick money.

Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum, had the most successful investment ever with Dogecoin. However, investing in memecoins is not always successful and carries risks.

Vitalik-on-Lex.jpg

Tom Mitchelhill, a financial journalist, states that memecoins are highly appealing and have a unique cultural aspect. He advises investors to have a clear plan and know when to take profits.

Evgen Verzun, director of Kaizen.Finance, advises investors to look for potential memecoins after missing out on the opportunity with Dogecoin. PEPE is currently attracting the most attention this year.

Evgen-Verzun-1.jpg

Sara Jane Kenny, Algorand ambassador and founder of OffChain Ireland, has traded many memecoins and believes they can either develop into pump and dump schemes or build utility and strong communities. She advises investors to be cautious and do thorough research before investing in memecoins.

BashirJasper

I like the comment of Sara Jane Kenny, it makes risk management important. Memecoins are easy 100x if people buy into the hype like and trend like PEPE but I rather invest in projects with strong utility that seek to drive up crypto adoption like what TYPE is aiming to achieve in bridging the gap between Web2 and Web3 though it's still in the launch phase on bitget at the moment. So, I did with TENET and APT that has continue to grow

nonstopspider

Speculation and money that they didn't suffer if they lose. Also if they have a strong community and a low MC can be profitable

ananyabushra

Memecoins are super risky, but they can also bring the highest profits. In 2023, Pepe was probably the most profitable token. I discovered Pepe when it was listed on Bitget, and many people were already talking about its significant price surge. Back then, its market cap was just around 10 or 15 million USD, but later it skyrocketed to a billion-dollar market cap. It's incredible to see that Pepe gained over 100 times its value, even when people believed it had reached its peak. I don't really understand how this works with memecoins, but these are the reasons why people can't resist them.

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
Memecoins are super risky, but they can also bring the highest profits. In 2023, Pepe was probably the most profitable token. I discovered Pepe when it was listed on Bitget, and many people were already talking about its significant price surge. Back then, its market cap was just around 10 or 15 million USD, but later it skyrocketed to a billion-dollar market cap. It's incredible to see that Pepe gained over 100 times its value, even when people believed it had reached its peak. I don't really understand how this works with memecoins, but these are the reasons why people can't resist them.
That's luck! Most of the memecoins doesn't work ,can give plenty of examples. But yeap, those who hopped on Doge/Shib/Pepe earlier, they've made generational wealth. That's like 50/50 chance, either u win big or lose everything (Initial investment).

That's luck! Most of the memecoins doesn't work ,can give plenty of examples. But yeap, those who hopped on Doge/Shib/Pepe earlier, they've made generational wealth. That's like 50/50 chance, either u win big or lose everything (Initial investment).
That's why I'll usually wait for a meme coin to declare their listing on coinmarketcap/coingecko and also listing on top CEXs like Bitget before I say I'll go for any, because how can one be sure those guys won't run away?

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
That's why I'll usually wait for a meme coin to declare their listing on coinmarketcap/coingecko and also listing on top CEXs like Bitget before I say I'll go for any, because how can one be sure those guys won't run away?
CMC has listed bunch of scam coins mate. But yup, reputable exchange's listing announcement can give assurance,tho it's not 100% confirmation because anything can happen at black swan event!

JasonCherry

Memecoins are extremely hazardous, but they also have the largest potential for reward. Besides, some people like risky things )))

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
Memecoins are extremely hazardous, but they also have the largest potential for reward. Besides, some people like risky things )))
Correct! If someone's risk appetite is good enough, then memecoins are the best option for him. That's why I've said, centralised exchange listing is an extra layer of security for memecoins.