"How much should I charge for my products?"

King bell

VIP Contributor
As a business owner, you are faced with a difficult question. Many of your potential customers, who have never created a product before, will come to you for advice about what to charge for their products. But because you don't have any previous experience in this area, it's hard to know how much is "too little," "too much," or just the right amount.

To help all business owners make better decisions on how much to charge for their products, here are some important factors that should be considered when pricing your goods and services:

What type of product would my customer benefit from?
It depends on what the desired outcome is and what the customer specifically needs most; websites work differently than apps and books.
What is my customer willing to pay for your product?
There are two main things to consider when you're deciding how much to charge for your products: Ad hoc pricing and subscription-based pricing. Ad hoc pricing means you set a flat price that covers the costs of producing and delivering the product, whether it's a physical book or digital file. Whereas subscription-based pricing means that you make a certain amount of money off of each sale, whether it's a physical book or digital file.
Which type of business should I run?
It depends on what kind of products you're selling and who your audience is. Your business type will determine the pricing structure you use. For example, if you're a digital service or an e-commerce store, you might want to use subscription-based pricing. If you're an artisan who makes things like pottery or jewelry, you might decide to use ad hoc pricing.
Where do I sell my products?
Most of your potential customers are not interested in buying products directly from your physical shop; they have other sources for these products. But many of your potential customers would be interested in buying from your shop if you offered different shipping options and worked with these same people to create and deliver their orders. Ad hoc pricing is most appropriate for selling products online or using online stores like Etsy (or Shopify).

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
The price of a particular product is being determined on the cost of production in producing the product in particular. Most of the times when we go to a shopping mall and ask for the price of a particular commodity or product we may begin to wonder why the product is absolutely on a high price, according to studies when a particular product is costly it could be because the cost of producing such products was absolutely money consuming. Even with that we cannot neglect the many majority of business owners and business managers who unnecessarily increase the prices and cost of their goods and services making it available for members of the public to purchase in satisfying their needs and wants.

As a business owner it is totally advised to stipulate price and cost of your goods and services based on how much you spend in making them available. This shows that you are serious and also sincere and honest towards your clients and customers. And according to research being sincere and honest to clients and customers in terms of product cost and price helps you win their loyalty and trust.