How Much Money Can You Make By Transcribing Audio?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Making money through transcription jobs is becoming a really common kind of thing nowadays. There are many different people who tend to make money by transcribing different sorts of audios. Audio transcription involves converting an audio file into text form. There are many different types of reasons for why people would like to convert audio file into a textual form. There are many students who may require this service. Moreover, there are many professor also who may require this service as well.

Apart from that, there are many companies who would also like to get their audio transcribed. This is why you will find many jobs on different kinds of freelancing platform. However, the real question is: how much money can you actually make by transcribing audio online? There are many people who are making a couple of dollars per hour by transcribing audio. However, I have read that many people are making up to $10 per hour by transcribing audio.

We must admit that transcribing audio is a really hard job. This is because it may be really hard to understand the accent and language of a person who does not belong to your country. I am quite sure that there are many people in here who may have at least transcribing audio, so how much money you made in the first place? Are you satisfied with your earnings? Do you think that transcribing audio is worth it? Would you recommend people to get engaged into this sort of freelancing service for people?

Activator230822

Verified member
Honestly speaking I need something extra to do online so that I boost my online earnings to the extent of collecting a whopping $150 per month.
However I can consider joining joining a transcription site and start the job as a transcriber.
I can remember some time two to three years back I tried to join one but they turned me down because I didn't have any qualification documents from school.
So now I am on the lookout trying to get a transcription site that accepts people from allover the world without qualifications and experience so that I can boost my online earnings.