How much does it cost to start a mobile catering business?

KiKiii

First, the cost of a mobile food truck trailer should be one of your focuses, along with the fuel and materials.
In general, the price of it ranges from $3,000 - $8,000, or more, I guess, which totally depends on the models and types. If the food trailer is equipped with more kitchen equipment, the final price will be higher. A full equipped ice cream trailer(7'x5') is about $4,200. But, it is still cheap than setting up a restaurant or a concession stand anyway.
Then, backup money is necessary. It can help you to deal with emergency with ease.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
People that are interested to start up this business may not have to go so far in terms of buying a trailer for The Business at first , but they can consider buying things like a mini bus that will help transport these food items from one place to another. .

I know someone that is engaging in catering business over here , they have a minibus and that's what they have been using when they are going to the market to buy foodstuffs. That is also the one they are using when they are going out to deliver the food products on the ceremonial ground.

The cost of starting this business also may depend on the location , like here with 5 million Naira you can start a professional catering services. I believe the the amount of money needed may be quite different in different location depending on the economy, standard of living and some other things.