Shares/Stock How long do you keep stocks to earn a good profit?

greenieS

Verified member
Hello dear trendy users,

If you've ever invested in stocks, can you tell me how long you've been with that stock to make a good profit in the long run?

From your own experience, was it worth the wait? I honestly never lasted very long and I didn't invest in a stock with the thought of keeping 1-2-3 years maybe I can make a profit. All the investments I made, I made them for a short period of time, in order to bring me a quick profit, not in years.

But I want to hear the opinion of other investors in this field, we each have something to learn from each other. :)

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Based on the stories of some friends who are into stock trading, you have to bear in mind that stock investment is a long term investment that can yield a good profit after at least 1 year or longer. That is one reason that will deter an investor because most of the small time investor that I know cannot let the money be tied up in an investment that is long term. When they need to use the money then they can sell the stocks even when the market price is low which would inflict a loss on their capital.

I have stocks that I plan to keep for 5 years or maybe even longer. If my financial situation would persist on a good note then I can let my investment sleep in the stock market. One friend who is into stock trading said that stocks will gain a big profit after 2 years much more after 5 years which is my target. That will, at least, be my hedge against the inflation in the future.

E

eldavis

I think it depends on you and how much or how long you are willing to wait. There are some persons who can hold for months and probably even years untill they finally decide to sell it off, while there are others who cannot even hold it for that long. There is no specific amount of time, or official time one has to hold their stocks.