How income affects saving

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Your income affects your savings in so many ways and you will agree with me that you can't save more than you earn. I cannot be earning $ 200 per month and save $ 250 monthly. That is impossible because my entire earning is not up to what I plan to save.
This gives us an imprint and assumes that I must first analyse with relation to what I earn, what I will save.
A lot of times people strain themselves to save but that must not be it. You should have a good savings plan which will not allow you to squander too much and still not make you pressured and under stress.
It is advisable that your earning becomes not less than 10% of your total income and not more than 50% of the total income as well.
This will help make sure that you save to a good amount and not over do the act to the point it becomes detrimental to you and your personal life.
A good savings plan is a good step towards making good progress as a person who is intentional about making it in life and also making an impact and leaving a mark as well as living a life of comfort

And one thing to be taken into consideration is that your savings plan must be updated optimally. If you make a certain amount of income and you make a plan relative to it. You must know that as your income increases you will as well make amendments to your savings plan and increase it to the level of your income. This still applies to when your income drops. Your savings plan will also do same if not you may end up in debts just in the bid to save a good amount.
Your earnings therefore determines your savings!

Axis

Banned
Income deeply effect saving like you say you can't save what you don't have so what is actually required from a person or an income earner is to plan set goals and set plans on what you want to save saving should be a do-or-die tax but it should be an act that is done based on the income you are earn. And as you noted above when your income increases you should also navigate the rate of the money you serve but when your income also decreases you should also control the amount of money you serve you shouldn't be stagnant when saving money but rather you be flexible so that you can have see if not under pressure or under stress. Your point above have been so helpful to income earners in how to save their money wisely I believe that if your point are being applied practically it will be a source of help to most income earners in this wonderful platform.. what I drive from your point above is the fact of always setting a good saving plan

King bell

VIP Contributor
One's income may affect the amount of savings. A person may save more as their income increases. For example, a $100,000 household with an annual income of $80,000 may save about 10% ($8,000) of their annual income.

A person may also save more if they have a higher expected rate of return from investing in savings. The higher the expected rate of return on investment in savings is for the individual investor, the more that individual will invest in savings at an increase in salary or wage-rate.

Household savings can increase as income increases. The average household savings has been increasing steadily in the United States since 2008. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was higher in year 2011 than it was in year 2008; however, the average household savings rate (by income group) was 4.6% higher than it was when the recession began in 2007.

The rationale behind why a person saves more of their income as they earn more income is that they can save more for investment purposes because they can afford to save more. As individuals earn more money, some of that money will be needed to pay for living expenses, such as food and housing (which are considered non-discretionary spending).