How I turned around my farm business through equity funding.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I am a poultry farmer with some brilliant ideas. I was one of the first people to research and venture into organic poultry production. But then, one of the major problems I faced was a lack of capital for expansion. I had a farm that could house about 500 birds but I was struggling to raise 75- 100 birds per batch.

I researched equity funding and was able to interact with a group of investors. They saw my business plan and thought it was brilliant. We drew up financial terms and they agreed to push the farm to produce at the capacity of 600 birds. The major agreement was that we share profit equally. We also defined the duration of the contract and terms for possible expansion. The production started at full capacity. We have built another farm in three years.

My point in this post is that instead of struggling at a low capacity. You can bring in investors. Agree to share profits equally and vamp up your production. You would see that you would earn more in the long run than when you are operating alone.