How I save money on sachet water this dry season.

Etini

Valued Contributor
The dry season is here upon us. And there are new sets of expenses. This is the sachet water expense. This is the season when a person would take a 200-meter walk, he/ she would gulp a sachet of water and before he or she approaches another 200 meters, the person is gulping another sachet of water. We think it is nothing. The water is less than a cent but if you take a total of the number of sachets of water we consume daily, we would understand that this is truly expensive.

I have devised a means though. I went to get empty bottles of bottled water. I washed them very well with detergent and hot water. Anytime I want to step out, I fetch my drinking water and fill about 4 bottles of the container. When I am thirsty in the course of my going out, I dip into my bag and get my water to quench the thirst.

With that, I save the money that I would have used to purchase sachet water.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
The dry season is coming and I can't wait for it to be over. It's not just the heat that's turning me into a hermit. it's the fact that I have to buy more and more bottled water to drink in my house.

I've been drinking water from sachets for years, but this year I wanted to see if there was a way to save some money while still getting the same quality of water. Here are my tips:

1. When you buy your sachets, look at the top of each one before buying it. If it has a sprayer on top, then it may not be good enough for you! Look for those with no sprayer and no lid. they should cost less.

2. Only buy sachets with a long shelf life. that way they won't go bad as fast as those with short ones!

3. Buy generic brands rather than name brand ones because they're usually cheaper (but don't get caught up in any false advertising).