SUPERNO

In my country Nigeria we have a very good system of agricultural system but our government don't encourage farming therefore is only the owner of the bussines that encourage there self,
We have things like cocoa,palm fruit (palm oil),Rice (Nigeria is one of the countries that has the best rice).
There are countries that encourage farming as economical development in there country sure as sure as livestock, forestry, plantation etc,
So therefore there are countries that encourage farming which are
1 China. China has 7% of the arable land and with that, they feed 22% of the world's population. ...

2 United States. The United States is known for its agriculture science and provides some advanced agriculture technology in the world.
So what about your country or any countries you know of.
°So what about your country or any countries you know of.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Farming is one at that cannot be over emphasized because farming is what keeps the world going round, without what we get from farm produce there will be no life anywhere in the world. Now in Nigeria farming is a very lucrative venture. The only challenge we are having here is the issue of insecurity.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Nigerian is richly blessed with fine soil, and the zeal to farm, and produce large food stuffs. Our food chain industry is large, we can contribute to the world supply worldwide. But due to our government isn't paying proper attention to farmers, it slowed down a little bit. Back in the days, farming is the only means of generating substantial income for the country, and our currency value was high because we worked hard that time, to produce foods, and supply it to other countries in need of food to sustain. Currently, we are just over dependent on oil as means of generating substantial income, and if things go weird around the price of oil, the country income generation means will be on the tumbling.

anil02

Verified member
In my country Nigeria we have a very good system of agricultural system but our government don't encourage farming therefore is only the owner of the bussines that encourage there self,
We have things like cocoa,palm fruit (palm oil),Rice (Nigeria is one of the countries that has the best rice).
There are countries that encourage farming as economical development in there country sure as sure as livestock, forestry, plantation etc,
1 China. China has 7% of the arable land and with that, they feed 22% of the world's population. ...

2 United States. The United States is known for its agriculture science and provides some advanced agriculture technology in the world.
Before 50-60 years India was depends on other countries for grains. But know we are independent in grains production and we can export it to others. India government is helping farming in many ways. Here we have minimum support price system. Here government is buying crops from farmers at this price. Most of time it is more than market price.

Briangsam

Farming is a very important part of our lives as humans. It is as important as the air we breath. We can not survive without food and other farm products. So it is very important. But quite sadly, my country is not paying so much attention to agriculture and its practices. They are so concerned about oil, neglecting agriculture so much that we struggle to be self-reliant.

funmi

Verified member
Despite the fact that farming is known to be a very big business everywhere in the world because we get virtually all that we need in life from farming but its unfortunate that in Nigeria, farming business is not lucrative in Nigeria due to the fact that farmers are not being encouraged at all. As at now,farmers do not have enough funds and mechanical support to make it well in this business.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor

Agricultural system is a good business .
In my country Nigeria, Agriculture would have been so much good and advisable to invest in but government do not encouraged it with their non security provision.
Some time herdsmen will eat up your crops and as a farmer you can't say any thing or take them to police station instead they herdsmen will be telling you that there is nothing farmer can do to them because they are the one I'm government. Its very annoying.

anil02

Verified member
How Indian government promoting farming, it is example, till the 2014 we were importing 70% ediable oil, but because of government policy and promotion to farming now we are independent. India government is giving subsidy to farmers in many way. More than 50% population of India is depends on farming. So for it is must to promote farming

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a sad topic for us because our country was supposed to be an agricultural country but we import rice and other farm products. Farmers here are getting too old for their average age nearing 60. The younger generation seemed to have forgotten farming already. Maybe in 10 years time just about half of the farms will remain because the other half will be converted into residential or commercial villages.

Mellorando

Banned
In Nigeria farming is regarded as an occupation for the poor Nigerian know that is blessed with fine soil and rich land resources but because of the mindset of our government and people farming is regarded as nothingforgetting that God has already blessed us with the resources to cultivate crops as we like

anil02

Verified member
This is a sad topic for us because our country was supposed to be an agricultural country but we import rice and other farm products. Farmers here are getting too old for their average age nearing 60. The younger generation seemed to have forgotten farming already. Maybe in 10 years time just about half of the farms will remain because the other half will be converted into residential or commercial villages.
It is not good for your country and also for you, Depending on others is not good thing. Here in India lands are also using for construction of buildings. In future we may have shortage of land for farming. But here average agriculture production is less than many other countries. To providing house to peoples is also must. Here government is trying for increasing average production

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The government of my country is not encouraging farmers at all and beside most of the people who practice farming in my country only practice what they used to feed themselves and their families since the government do not provide adequate measurements for people to engage in large-scale farming system.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Agricultural business is very promising in Nigeria but the problem is that a lot of people and even the government does not encourage it. Nigeria used to be known as an agricultural nation, but with the oil boom in the 70s, the government regulated the agricultural sector and focused on oil. Which has monopolize the economy.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
the government of my country is not supporting the agricultural sectors of my country in any way because they just believe that agriculture is a business of the poor people but the fail to understand that in agriculture for us to provide and maintain a sustainable commercial agriculture we need machines and every other modern farming equipment.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
In my country, farming is done by people who live in rural areas. Government does not do much to help farmers and just collect tax and gives nothing in return. Farmers obviously depend on their own lands and use those lands to cultivate crops. Having said that, a person who does a white collar job cannot do farming, as it is the profession of people who reside in rural areas.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Farming in my country is not that encouraging and it is done by a lot of the country's population. Agriculture in my country in general is normal small-scale and un mechanised farming. I believe that it is going to be a good industry if people begin to use large scale mechanized farming and also modern practices like irrigation farming.