How Do You Renovate Your Old Property?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Having a property is an awesome thing. Regardless of the kind of property you have, the chances of its value rising in the future increases, but it also depends on the kind of property you have. One of the great ways you could make your property much better is by renovating it. Renovating a property has many benefits and it does not matter whether you own a house or apartment, you could renovate it. In fact, I must say that you may even renovate your land by making use of it for gardening and agricultural purpose. This is because a land with such agricultural potential might also have a good value.

However, getting your property renovated is not an easy job at all. We have moved into a new house and we are renovating it because a new owner has to alter the property, according to their own tastes and needs. Renovation also involves huge expenses and you must make a good budget for that. Right now we are renovating our property by getting it painted, reconstructed, and altering it in some more ways. So how did you reconstruct your property when you bought it? Please share your story with us!

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like this discussion because our home is 20 years old when we bought it and we have lived in it for 20 years now which means our house is 40 years old. Although we had a general repair when we bought out house but from time to time there is a need for repairs like the leaking roof of a worn out ceiling. Fortunately I had the electrical wiring replaced entirely so I have not much concern about it. But the paint really needs a new coating or maybe a new color.

Renovating the property is not cheap especially in this pandemic era that workers are asking for a higher wage because of their exposure to people. I understand that part. At present aside from the paint my other concern are the wood parts of the house that needs treatment for protection against termites. Our village is infested by termites so we should be alert on that issue.

E

eldavis

Well it depends on what you want though, I remember back then when my parents where helping my aunt manage her home while she was not around. There was well house that was not being used for anything, the well house was massive, before it was used for parking of cars but now they do not make use of it. So my parents decided to turn the well house into 3 different apartment. They had to call the engineer to find out if the house can withstand extra load. Meaning before any renovation is done in an old house, make sure you enlist an engineer to find out if the house can carry what you are about to do, so as not to cause any future damage. In the end they did it though.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally I may not like to renovate an old building because I don't really see the future potential of old structure but I would rather considering to build a new one if there is money to do so because if you are innovating an olden building with poor design and everything you will still not be able to generate a good profit with your investment, I believe people should rather consider to build a new property than to spend huge sum of money renovating an olden building that people may still not find it appealing to buy..

There are some certain cases that I have to renovate a building and one of the most important aspect that will determine this is always the design of the building , if the design is of olden structure then I may decide to build a new one but if the design is still modern with everything complete then I only have to change those old and outdated parts in the building then I decorate it to the modern standard..

Location also played a very important factors ,in the rural settlements I may not likely spend my money to renovate a building because it may not really be profitable at all.

maywarren

When we bought our place, it was quite a project. We started by getting it painted with fresh, vibrant colors to breathe new life into it. Then, we tackled some reconstruction work, like updating the kitchen and bathrooms to match our style. It's amazing how a few changes can transform the entire feel of a property.
During this renovation journey, I've been exploring options like Cheap Radiators to keep our home cozy when the colder months roll in. It's all about combining practicality and style to create the perfect living space.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Walk around the premises and find out what structural repairs there are to be done. In addition, look at electrical; plumbing; HVAC systems. Design a renovation program focused on improvements in function (such as new kitchens and bathrooms), which would be attractive to potential buyers, yield the highest ROI. Getting permits, using contractors holding a licence, quality materials. Manage the project timeline closely. After completing it, add some custom touches such as painting it with bright colors, replacing fixtures and landscaping. Inside and out, your house will be modernized and beautiful.

Ramolak19

Verified member
When renovating an ancient house, begin by determining what has to be fixed and evaluating the property's state. Set a budget and a deadline for the undertaking. For significant plumbing, electrical, and structural work, think about hiring professionals. Concentrate on areas that need the most care, such remodeling the bathrooms or kitchen. Improve insulation, paint walls, repair floors, and update fixtures. Then make it feel like home, don't forget to add your unique touch.