How Do You Become A Professional Gardner?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many jobs a person could do. Some of them are blue collar jobs, while other are white collar job. One such kind of a job is that of a Gardner. A Gardner is a person who takes care of plants and trees. They are a kind of people who have much experience and knowledge about plants. As far as I know, if you want to become a Gardner, you must pursue some sort of education and I think that you must learn a lot about botany. It is much better to get a degree in botany because botany is a field that allows a person to gain knowledge about how plants work and it also makes a person knowledgeable about different kinds of plants.

Majority of the Gardner in my country do not have a degree, but they have knowledge. They have a proper knowledge about plants, trees, flowers, and fertilizers. They also know how to protect plants and flowers from insects. They also utilize the right kind of pesticides to protect plants. Many Gardner in my country earn a fine amount of money because they are usually hired by owners of big bungalows. So what kind of things do you need to purse this field of gardening?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am a gardener by passion and so many people in my circle admire my knowledge on plants and trees. However, I have to admit that my knowledge is just about 20% that a gardener must have. Gardening is not just about planting and growing. There are many things that a gardener should know like the propagation of plants and trees, the grafting method and the marcotting plus some other means of propagation. When it comes to caring it is not easy to know all plants because there are plants that want full sunshine and there are plants to the opposite that they die when there is too much sun.

The most asked issue for a gardener is the pest. How do you eradicate the aphids or how do you fight the Queensland fruit fly that is presently ravaging the guava fruits and the star fruits in our front yard. I think it will take years of full practice before you can consider yourself a professional gardener.