How can we successfully start up a business in the rural settlement ?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Rural settlements as we all understand is a location with low population , low infrastructural development and possibly Lacks of the necessary social amenities . Which we believe to be the village.

Because of this characteristics of a rural settlement the needed social amenities that could helped in business development may not really be available and most people in these settlement engages in local jobs and business which may include farming, fishing , some local raw materials production which clearly indicate that these people may not likely petronize our business to generates consistent Profits.

Another challenging factors most people are likely to face when establishing a business in the rural settlement is lacks of good transportation networks which is needed to transport these goods and product from a location of production to a location in which the demands will be high.

Well I was just considering if there is any possible ways to start up a business in the rural settlement that has the above disadvantage. What if someone is willing to start up a business in such a location , WHAT are the possible step and what are the necessary arrangement that should be put in place before a business can be established to achieved maximum success ? Please suggest it below Thanks.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The most profitable business that I see in the rural area is any business that is related to the major industry whether it is farming or fishing or livestock. The previous owner of the house that we now own has a tractor in their province. They rent out the tractor on a per day basis. The capital is quite big because a farm tractor is expensive (although I have no idea how much a brand new tractor costs). The revenue from the tractor is more than enough for the needs of his family. However, during the off season when there is no more planting in the farm (while waiting for the crops to grow) the tractor is stagnant. That means there is no income. His side hustle is selling farm needs like fertilizers and insecticides. The capital for retailing fertilizer is small and the profit is also small. But they can sell because they sell on credit.