Business Ideas How can we know a real professional consultant before seeking help from them?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
It is very compulsory some time to seek the idea of the business from a professional consultant before starting a business so that one will not fail.
Though this days every body were just looking for a way to meet up with their daily needs . And I think before could relied on any thing that a so can professional consultant is saying their must be something that one need to look for.

(1) one need to make a findings about the professional bodies that he / she belong.

(2) Did the consultant has a certificate to back it up. And one need to be careful here also because there are many fake certificate use by many to defraud other people.

(3) Look at the way the consult is analysing issues and notice may be he/she allowed you to ask question whenever you are not clear with the explanation he gives you.
I believe if all this is met then one can move ahead with the consultant.

Though I believe that one still need to look at some criteria which I know that people here can still point out in other to help many that are about to take such a step.

How can we know a professional consultant before seeking help from them?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Before getting any business consultant or whatever consultant anyone needs, there must be several references by some people who has had experiences with the consultant, and through the help they got, and how it benefitted their business, I think with that, you can make decisions on your own, to know what's good for you and what's not, through making of findings.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I don't think anyone can just see a random consultant and start looking for his services. You must first of all know the history of search consultant in that field. you can also follow his social media handles in order to see how he analyses business related issues. Adding a certificate should be a bonus if he or she possesses the ability and the quality of making business a reality.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We go to consultant, not because of what they claim to be, but based on recommendations of people via his or her accomplishments. You don't just run to anyone claiming to be a business consultant without proof of certificate and license of being a consultant. Apart from that, we need to asks questions to many around the location, or those who have gotten experience about the person to ascertain if its legit or not.

Josemendez

Verified member
I think the most common tool used to assess a professional consultant is his or her reputation. Every consultant will upload his portfolio and from there one can easily make judgement on whether the consultant deserves to be visited or not.
Your number three point is not quite valid because before the consultant meets with you , you must have registered with him or her and have paid money for consultancy

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
We go to consultant, not because of what they claim to be, but based on recommendations of people via his or her accomplishments. You don't just run to anyone claiming to be a business consultant without proof of certificate and license of being a consultant. Apart from that, we need to asks questions to many around the location, or those who have gotten experience about the person to ascertain if its legit or not.
Very valid....I see no reason why you will just walk up to a business consultant who has no license or certificate in field. Going to that kind of business consultant is always going to be a bad move. We have lots of scams around, people claiming to be what they are not. We just need be making thorough investigations about anything before venturing into them.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Very valid....I see no reason why you will just walk up to a business consultant who has no license or certificate in field. Going to that kind of business consultant is always going to be a bad move. We have lots of scams around, people claiming to be what they are not. We just need be making thorough investigations about anything before venturing into them.
When we are living in a world of surprises, full of scam? I can't do that. I'm always wary of what i can achieve and not what I'll waste my time and money on. At the end of the day, it didn't achieve the reason why i decided to meet up with the consultant. Cos the knowledge of the fake one will always be on the shadows and in return it will be a waste of time and resources.

Last edited:

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think the first thing is asking about the certification. I know the doctors I visit some of them have their certifications on display. But for online I can really say since anyone can pull a good stunt off. Then again the way the information is given will give the person out as well. Go for a professional always

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You are right because there are many consultants that usually act like they are professionals but they are never one but one thing you need to note is that you need to do your research about that particular subject you want to gain understanding on then you could be sure if the professional is real or not by his experience and demonstration towards the subject

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
You are right because there are many consultants that usually act like they are professionals but they are never one but one thing you need to note is that you need to do your research about that particular subject you want to gain understanding on then you could be sure if the professional is real or not by his experience and demonstration towards the subject
Very right! So many people out there claiming to be what they are not! Some will even have a fake certificates to showcase their legitimacy but infact they are not professional. We just live in a world where we have to be careful now. Anybody can claim to anybody they want, with their hogwash certificates.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Very right! So many people out there claiming to be what they are not! Some will even have a fake certificates to showcase their legitimacy but infact they are not professional. We just live in a world where we have to be careful now. Anybody can claim to anybody they want, with their hogwash certificates.
Yeah they actually made those fake certificates to increase the demands they have for the business and one thing i note is that when they are caught they will start giving invalid explanation, so inorder not to take the wrong steps the person needs to know what move to take and others too ,so taking the best consultant and not wrong one matters a lot

Setho

VIP Contributor
On a personal perspective I find it easier to know whether a consultant is good or not from the portfolio of his past work. If you will take your time to go and take a look at this past weekend's you can then decide on whether you were going to use the approach in which they use based on the results he got. He's online and offline reviews from people he has worked with all of that was so so so very important to take into consideration.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is saying that says don't just follow people, follow the ones that know the road. It is very easy to know someone who is professional. We only need to he observant while having conversation with them. They do back their words with evidences. And they have many people that do speak well of them.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The reality is that if you are interested to get a consultant , you will not be comfortable to ask the person to show you his or her certificate , but it will be very much easier for you to confirm the legitimacy of a consultant based on the advice he or she is giving you.

That is where every information lies , because you going up to a consultant and asking for a certificate will put you in an uncomfortable situation . Apart from that , the organisation they are working for just like you said must be put into consideration . Normally if they are legitimate they should be working for trusted government organisation..

Some that may be working for private organisation in most cases may not be trusted as those that are working for the government and we have to be careful . That's my point of view .