How can i solve my blog SSL issue?

Ajebo25

Verified member
No doubt about it blogging is also a great way by which people can make money online which is why I have created a blog and I am currently in a music niche but recently I have been facing problem of SSL issue which I have been facing for some time now some of my friends said that without SSL on my blog that my blog is open to cyber-attacks which is something I don't want to happen to me I have tried contacting the Host several times but they said that they will try and fix the issue but for some weeks now no progress has been made.

Some people said that I should log into my blog cpanel and I have also tried that but it is still not working I have tried adding another certificate to it but the hosting company said I should leave them to do it and now I am getting fed up some of my friends are even laughing at me for choosing true host they said that HermonWeb is the best when it comes to hosting I need advice please how can I fix my SSL issue? should I buy a new hosting for my blog?

Mika

VIP Contributor
If your blog has an SSL issue, your blog might not rank on search engines. Even if you managed to rank, you will not get traffic from the searches because a lot of browsers warn the visitor about the site not using SSL. Therefore, if you have an SSL issue, you need to fix it immediately. The most common way to fix this issue is by installing SSL. You will have to buy an SSL certificate from your hosting provider and install it on your website. You should never let it expire, you should renew the certificate before it expires. If you cannot afford to pay for SSL, you can try using free SSL from Let’s Encrypt. Installing free SSL from Let’s Encrypt is easy if your hosting provider supports Let’s Encrypt. If it does not, you will have to manually install it on your website. If you are using wordpress, you can find free SSL plugins that you can use for your website.

MayaBright

To solve your blog's SSL issue, you will need to obtain an SSL certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority (CA). Once you have obtained the certificate, you will need to install it on your web server and configure your web server to use the certificate. Additionally, you will need to ensure that your web server is configured to redirect all requests to the secure version of your website (i.e. https://). Once these steps have been completed, your blog should be able to serve content over a secure connection.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
There are a few things you can do to fix your blog SSL issue.

First, make sure that your website is using an SSL certificate. You can get one for free through Let's Encrypt, or you can pay for one from a third party like StartSSL or Comodo. If you don't have an SSL certificate yet, start by getting one from Let's Encrypt (letsencrypt org/).

Second, check that your domain name is registered with a valid DNS record (that is, a CNAME record or A record). If it isn't, contact the registrar of your domain name provider (e.g., GoDaddy) and ask them to add the correct DNS records for you.

Third, make sure all of the pages on your site load properly over https:// URLs using ProtoBuf compression technology (proto buf org/).