How and Why You Should Become a Business Auditor

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you have an eye for detail and enjoy keeping things in order, you may be well suited to a career as a business auditor. Auditors examine the financial records of companies and government agencies to ensure that the figures are accurate and properly documented. Auditors may work for private companies or for the government.

The basic tasks of auditing are: reviewing accounting records, verifying that transactions are recorded correctly and that the records match up with one another, ensuring that transactions comply with regulations, and analyzing data to detect fraud or other problems. After auditors check their own work, they present their audit report to management, who can then take appropriate action on any problems found by the audit.

A business auditor may perform audits on businesses of all sizes. Some auditors specialize in performing audits on small companies or specific industries. Because an auditor must rely heavily on the financial information given them by management, it is important for an auditor to maintain a good relationship with those they are auditing.

This profession will give you more than a comfortable life. However, to become a business auditor, you will need an undergraduate degree in accounting or business administration, certification as an internal auditor and some work experience in your field.

anil02

Verified member
In my county to work as auditor we must have required qualification. Only qualified person can work as auditor. Here we have on Institute who are conducting exams. It is not easy to qualify to work as auditor. I am also from this field but I couldn't pass out all exams. I completed training .