D

Deleted member 13140

Local searches are the emphasis of Google, Yahoo, and other search engines. When a user searches for a brand on Google, it returns results that are relevant to that precise location, as determined by the user's IP address.

For instance, if a user from India searches for something on Google.co.in (Google India), Google returns results based on India's location. If the user selects a specific city or area, Google will look for results based on that location.

Users go online to search for better results.

The online era is arrived! People can look for important information while sitting at home. If they're buying anything locally, they'd rather conduct some preliminary research to locate better possibilities in their city or area before going to the store and searching for it.

If you want to buy a laptop, for example, you will go to a store and look for a better one, which is out of style. Users have progressed to the point where they prefer to conduct their searches online. Users will utilize Google to look for a laptop with precise specifications and extra features in their area or location. Users can purchase a laptop from a variety of online stores, I know I did, Last month I bought a laptop online, I didn't even have to leave my house.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If your website is targeted to a local audience, if you are selling products to a local audience, you will have to do local SEO. Local SEO means implementing strategies that will help you rank on local search. If you are selling ready-to-eat food to the local people, you need to use keywords that the local people are using to search online in order to find that food. If your blog content is about restaurants to dine in your town, you will have to use the keywords that local people use to search for restaurants in your town. The local SEO is different from global SEO

D

Deleted member 28127

Most of websites owner having local seo can grow up to international seo later but not the opposite this is why start with it is extremelly important.