Help! Should I continue my study or take the job?

marcusfe

I finished my national diploma study (OND) in computer science few years ago and after then I applied for direct entry admission into a university. While waiting for the outcome of my admission I applied for job in an international brewery in my country through one their bosses who promised to help me get the job. To my surprise, my admission process into the university became successful and I was offered an admission though given another course from the one I applied for. As God will have, it was the same week that I received the good news of my admission that the company called me for an interview.
I was so sure that all I needed was just to attend the interview, I will be offered the job with my national diploma certificate.

Now I'm confused on what to do. Should I take the job or continue my study?

Ahxmed

If i were you i will continue my study and leave the job. Except the job is high paying job. If you decide to leave your study for the job, someday you will need your certificate to get to the next position in your work place and by then you won't have any choice than to remain stagnant in one position. If you can work and study then perfect.

Joseph555

Taking a job while in school is not what a feeble mind can do, I spent four years working as a security personnel while going to school, it is not a bed of roses but I will advise anybody to have a job while going to school because it will help you to be less of a liability to your family,
In real senses going to school without money will be boring, so stretch further and make yourself money while in school.
In other words, don't quit one for the other, combine the two together and you will be glad you did.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Well.. don't get too excited about the job, you are only called for interview not that they have already gave you the job... And moreover there is a saying that you must take one step at a time... Why don't you go for the interview and see if they will give you the job... Then if you are given try and see if part-time studies will be accepted with the company... Something about school certificate is that you can never know when you will need it. And believe me without good qualifications you can never earn enough in any company.

Maks25

Honestly, I don't think what you'll gain in a Nigerian University is worth 5 years of unemployment.
How much do you think you will be earning when you graduate, anyway? What about job experience?

Stay in your job, invest your income regularly, and one day you'll have enough to start a good business.
My one cent

Kennysplash

Verified member
I finished my national diploma study (OND) in computer science few years ago and after then I applied for direct entry admission into a university. While waiting for the outcome of my admission I applied for job in an international brewery in my country through one their bosses who promised to help me get the job. To my surprise, my admission process into the university became successful and I was offered an admission though given another course from the one I applied for. As God will have, it was the same week that I received the good news of my admission that the company called me for an interview.
I was so sure that all I needed was just to attend the interview, I will be offered the job with my national diploma certificate.

Now I'm confused on what to do. Should I take the job or continue my study?
It depends on the job pay do they pay quite enough for the certificate you hold? Will it be able to sustain you in the long run? Can you save enough? Mind you, you were called for an interview that doesn't mean you have gotten the job. So attend the interview first and see what the job holds. Check out for what I wrote in the first sentence and determine whether the job is okay for you or not. Also I would not advise you to take the job and at the same time try to go to school, it would not be easy for you because one of them will suffer.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I will advise you to take up the job if there will be a space for you to study. But in the other handif your job is a well paid job you can leave the study for a while after you might have garther some money you can still do part time study.
Also make sure you don't leave the job because even when you completed your study who tell you that you will get the job a country where without connection no work. Please go and take up the job.

Peppul

Well the thing about education in nigeria is that if after you finish school and you don't know someone it will be difficult to get a good job unless you are just so lucky. If you are opportune to get a job through someone and the pay is ok, you can just talk to the person about your school. There are two ways about it. You can either take the job and go for part time, it will be killing two birds with one stone, although it won't be easy and very stressful. Or you can just leave the job and focus on your studies. Which ever one the decision is yours to make.

Janiya

Whatever is the condition we should not stop our studies because at one point we need lots of certificates and degrees which we have left studying for gaining job.
I will never ever suggest you to do job instead studies because first do complete your studies and than apply for the job after your patience you will get the reward of it.